Interesting buildings in Reading

chat about the town here ...
Souwester
Super Contributor

Re: Interesting buildings in Reading

Post by Souwester »

chris_j_wood wrote: 20 Dec 2021 10:18Am I right in thinking that it is the building that used to be 'The High' restaurant and deli?. I don't recall it as being part of Jackson's, although it is next door.
I've not been around in Reading long enough to know.
KeithW
Super Contributor

Post by KeithW »

Souwester wrote: 20 Dec 2021 11:32
chris_j_wood wrote: 20 Dec 2021 10:18Am I right in thinking that it is the building that used to be 'The High' restaurant and deli?. I don't recall it as being part of Jackson's, although it is next door.
I've not been around in Reading long enough to know.
Yes, it was. Before that it was a shop selling 'exotic' stuff like jossticks IIRC.
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

chris_j_wood wrote: 20 Dec 2021 10:18 Am I right in thinking that it is the building that used to be 'The High' restaurant and deli?. I don't recall it as being part of Jackson's, although it is next door.
I think you probably are Chris. When I worked in the Market Place I’d go there everyday for lunch - owned by a Ba’Hai family… food was lovely - although vegetarian (I’m not) - never come across similar food anywhere else like they served or I could probably be a vegetarian. No it wasn’t part of Jackson’s.
There's no such thing as a free lunch
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

How about Waterstones which was a chapel, that was an interesting building.
“Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
BY Paulo Coelho
maggieaitch
Super Contributor

Post by maggieaitch »

Also the George in Minster St. They used to have a coach in the courtyard entrance.
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

lizwing wrote: 20 Dec 2021 12:15 How about Waterstones which was a chapel, that was an interesting building.
Indeed it was, and still is. I took this picture 16 years ago, but I don't think it has changed much since.

Waterstone's_Reading_2.jpg

Return to “Reading talk”