The Cocktail Club

an area for Reading's many public houses, restaurants, and hotels
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

The Cocktail Club

Post by ChipbuttyG »

https://www.getreading.co.uk/whats-on/w ... k-22320169

"The new bar has opened in Gun Street with the goal of being a 'bartenders' paradise'"

Sounds terrible and looks exactly the same as BE AT ONE a few doors down but larger.
mikejee
Super Contributor

Re: The Cocktail Club

Post by mikejee »

If it is a bartenders Paradise, then, if they are enjoying themselves so much, they should pay for the drinks
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Surely it should be a customers paradise.

If it's anything like BE AT ONE - it'll be slow service because everyone orders cocktails and the bartenders, certainly later in the evening think it's great to dance up on the bar.
bert
Super Contributor

Post by bert »

ChipbuttyG wrote: 02 Dec 2021 08:37 Surely it should be a customers paradise.

If it's anything like BE AT ONE - it'll be slow service because everyone orders cocktails and the bartenders, certainly later in the evening think it's great to dance up on the bar.
I have been in Be at One where it hasn't been too busy and the bartenders doing 'their thing' has been quite fun and added to the atmosphere.

But I agree, I have also been in there when it's 3 deep at the bar and then the person in front of you orders 4 different cocktails and I think "time to move on to somewhere else".
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

bert wrote: 03 Dec 2021 14:25
ChipbuttyG wrote: 02 Dec 2021 08:37 Surely it should be a customers paradise.

I have been in Be at One where it hasn't been too busy and the bartenders doing 'their thing' has been quite fun and added to the atmosphere.

But I agree, I have also been in there when it's 3 deep at the bar and then the person in front of you orders 4 different cocktails and I think "time to move on to somewhere else".
Agreed. I'm not really one for cocktails, so when I go there with friends it's frustrating to have to wait about 10 minutes for a blinkin' bottle of Sol lager.

Return to “Pubs, Restaurants, and Hotels”