Market Yard

an area for Reading's many public houses, restaurants, and hotels
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Market Yard

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Has delayed it's opening and will now open on Friday November 26th.
Frank Blank
Super Contributor

Re: Market Yard

Post by Frank Blank »

Apparently East 17 and 'drag queen dancers' will be performing.

I haven't been as excited than since I last lit the budgie's farts.
'Let's Go Brandon'
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Anything that distracts from conversation from craft ale bores is a good thing.
bert
Super Contributor

Post by bert »

I'll have to pay it a visit, sounds quite interesting. I wonder if the location will hurt it a bit? It's a bit far out from the town.

I also wonder what's happening with Blue Collar Street Food's area in Hosier Street? Last time I was passing, I could see some containers being positioned, but not much has happened. Perhaps still in the planning stage?
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

I'm wondering if Caversham will be the go to place for a slightly older crowd to enjoy a night out?
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

bert wrote: 11 Nov 2021 14:54 I'll have to pay it a visit, sounds quite interesting. I wonder if the location will hurt it a bit? It's a bit far out from the town.

I also wonder what's happening with Blue Collar Street Food's area in Hosier Street? Last time I was passing, I could see some containers being positioned, but not much has happened. Perhaps still in the planning stage?
Oh. I'd assumed that the Market Yard referred to in this post was Blue Collar Street Food's area in Hosier Street. If not, what and where is Market Yard?. Or am I missing some subtle joke here?.
bert
Super Contributor

Post by bert »

chris_j_wood wrote: 12 Nov 2021 15:30
bert wrote: 11 Nov 2021 14:54 I'll have to pay it a visit, sounds quite interesting. I wonder if the location will hurt it a bit? It's a bit far out from the town.

Oh. I'd assumed that the Market Yard referred to in this post was Blue Collar Street Food's area in Hosier Street. If not, what and where is Market Yard?. Or am I missing some subtle joke here?.
Market Yard is over near Rivermead - food, drink, entertainment in an indoor area:

https://www.marketyard.co.uk/
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

bert wrote: 12 Nov 2021 18:59 Market Yard is over near Rivermead - food, drink, entertainment in an indoor area:

https://www.marketyard.co.uk/
Oh, that is a new one on me.

Judging by the description and strangely familiar address, I'm guessing that is the old Reading Post building. It sounds a bit like The Market House, to which I've been once and am unlikely to return. But I doubt I'm in the target demographic.

Return to “Pubs, Restaurants, and Hotels”