Traveller problems

chat about the town here ...
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Re: Traveller problems

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Mayfield wrote: 28 Jan 2022 17:30
ChipbuttyG wrote: 27 Jan 2022 09:47 So a discussion with Richard Davies - Labour councillor for Caversham ward regarding illegal traveller encampments at Hills Meadow car park went well yesterday.

Without going into too much detail.

Some bloke offered up solutions and moaned about the inaction to secure Hills Meadow properly over the years. I agreed with him on this issue.

Richard Davies obviously looked through this chaps tweets. This chap had 'liked' some Islamophobic tweet.

So Richard then deflected the issue in hand and changed the subject to him liking this tweet. He then accused me of being his "friend" and "ally" just because I was agreeing with him about the councils inaction over illegal traveller encampments.

It was all rather bizarre. I was going to say it's not the sort of behaviour I expect from a councillor, but in this day and age it is.....
I think in your shoes I would write or email the person or authority in question and underline that you have no previous contact or relationship with the person concerned, so there’s a paper trail ….
Do you mean make a complaint about the councillor?
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Had to laugh at the Labour leaflet about illegal traveller encampments and how they're tackling the problem. They replaced a bollard with another bollard.

That's that sorted then.....
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Hills Meadow encampment. Are they STILL there?

"dachshund found tied to tyre by wire without food or water"

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... nts-anchor
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

STILL there. They've only been there for about 6 weeks.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... mminently/
D5equj5
Super Contributor

Post by D5equj5 »

I see "travellers" have a caravan and a couple of vans in Palmer park carpark.
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Post by Voiceoftreason? »

D5equj5 wrote: 12 Apr 2022 12:47 I see "travellers" have a caravan and a couple of vans in Palmer park carpark.
The equivalent of putting towels on sun beds, D5. ‘Apres moi, le deluge’

Wouldn’t be a .bank Holiday without it......
Disclaimer: it wasn't me as wot said it, it was my iPad spellchecker!
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

D5equj5 wrote: 12 Apr 2022 12:47 I see "travellers" have a caravan and a couple of vans in Palmer park carpark.
Been there about 2 weeks now
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
D5equj5
Super Contributor

Post by D5equj5 »

OLDMAN wrote: 12 Apr 2022 14:42
Ah ok thanks Old Chap
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

D5equj5 wrote: 12 Apr 2022 15:30
OLDMAN wrote: 12 Apr 2022 14:42
Ah ok thanks Old Chap
I only saw them last weekend after we had been away, asked and got told they turned up in earlier the week before
Annoying for many as it’s a disabled only car-park mainly for people accessing the play area / library
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
buseng
Super Contributor

Post by buseng »

A crowd of them collecting in the Makro/Booker car park in Whitley. Staff have been informed by several customers including myself, they are not happy.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

The ones down the bottom of Palmer Park are ‘local’ - they come from Tilehurst (where they have houses) and are doing their usual spring / summer tour about as full Romany gypsies -I’ve met them before

Recently we also had a few vans park up the other side of the park, all had Irish registrations and turned out to all be legit, and a decent crowd (no trouble anywhere) and when they went it was all left clean with just back bags of rubbish to be taken away - so not pikies or similar!
Turned out they where over for an event
Oldman........

I hug everybody –

Return to “Reading talk”