COVID vaccination centre is on the move

General chat forum
Fed-up
Super Contributor

COVID vaccination centre is on the move

Post by Fed-up »

The main COVID vaccination centre for Reading is moving from the Mad Stad to the Broad Street Mall.

According to https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readi ... e-21093353 vaccinations will continue at Unit 49-50 of the Broad Street Mall from the end of the July.

The last vaccinations at the stadium will take place on July 23rd. Oxford Health says that anyone who was scheduled to receive their second vaccination between July 24th and 29th will have their appointments brought forward.

Patients are being contacted directly using details they provided during their original booking.

People booked in from July 30 will be rescheduled to attend the Broad Street Mall.
"Every place that I have been leaves its message on my skin. So many prophecies, so many signs, so little time, so little time" - Alan Prosser/Ian Telfer
C.A.Versham
Super Contributor

Re: COVID vaccination centre is on the move

Post by C.A.Versham »

That's a shame as the Mad Stad had free parking and plenty of space.
Sometimes right, sometimes wrong, always certain.
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

C.A.Versham wrote: 20 Jul 2021 10:59 That's a shame as the Mad Stad had free parking and plenty of space.
I thought the same! I suspect the uptake will drop somewhat, which rather defeats the purpose :whistle1:
There's no such thing as a free lunch
maggieaitch
Super Contributor

Post by maggieaitch »

The new venue is much more accessible for people without cars. It might encourage more ethnic minority residents to get the jab.
KeithW
Super Contributor

Post by KeithW »

piwacket wrote: 20 Jul 2021 20:45
C.A.Versham wrote: 20 Jul 2021 10:59 That's a shame as the Mad Stad had free parking and plenty of space.
I thought the same! I suspect the uptake will drop somewhat, which rather defeats the purpose :whistle1:
It's more convenient for those who don't drive and frequent the butts centre. Those who do drive have probably been sorted.
C.A.Versham
Super Contributor

Post by C.A.Versham »

True but hope they have plenty of space for people to wait before and after their inoculation in the Mall. I wonder if they considered one of the schools on the Oxford Road or the mosque.
Sometimes right, sometimes wrong, always certain.
KeithW
Super Contributor

Post by KeithW »

C.A.Versham wrote: 20 Jul 2021 21:36 True but hope they have plenty of space for people to wait before and after their inoculation in the Mall. I wonder if they considered one of the schools on the Oxford Road or the mosque.
I'm sure there's an element of ka-ching involved.
Fed-up
Super Contributor

Post by Fed-up »

This is the old New Look shop in the Broad Street Mall so there should be plenty of room. There is good access for those that rely on public transport, as maggieaitch says, so hopefully it will reach the remaining unvaccinated target audience better.
"Every place that I have been leaves its message on my skin. So many prophecies, so many signs, so little time, so little time" - Alan Prosser/Ian Telfer

Return to “Chatty Person”