Crime in Reading

chat about the town here ...
OLDMAN

Re: Crime in Reading

Post by OLDMAN »

You obviously don’t watch the TVP Police programme on TV - worst place shown on there is Aylesbury / High Wycombe followed by Slough, Maidenhead then Reading
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

OLDMAN wrote: 13 Dec 2021 11:07 You obviously don’t watch the TVP Police programme on TV - worst place shown on there is Aylesbury / High Wycombe followed by Slough, Maidenhead then Reading
That's why I said "let down by the 'likes' of Slough and Reading".

Although I'm not sure you should be basing information on an edited TV series.
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Murder probe launched - Reading flat fire.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... ding-fire/
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Scale of Reading fly-tipping revealed

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... ack-anchor
Cardiac
Super Contributor

Post by Cardiac »

Stolen Holy Berries,

Culprit Redwings.
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

:-P :-P :-P
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

ChipbuttyG wrote: 17 Dec 2021 09:42 Scale of Reading fly-tipping revealed

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... ack-anchor
And a note in the report that puts it in contrast
‘’ Reading saw 10.2 fly-tipping incidents per 1,000 people last year – which was below the average across England, of 20.1.’’
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
sarahbentley
Contributor

Post by sarahbentley »

Regarding e-scooters "Under current UK law, e-scooters are classed as ‘powered transporters’ and as such are treated in the same way as motor vehicles, so pavements and cycle paths are strictly off limits."
So it makes me wonder why Police and PCSOs aren't stopping people who clearly use private escooters on pavements and also without safety gear!
Fed-up
Super Contributor

Post by Fed-up »

They are when they get a chance. The Roads Police took a number of these off the road over the festive period.
"Every place that I have been leaves its message on my skin. So many prophecies, so many signs, so little time, so little time" - Alan Prosser/Ian Telfer
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

sarahbentley wrote: 11 Jan 2022 10:45 Regarding e-scooters "Under current UK law, e-scooters are classed as ‘powered transporters’ and as such are treated in the same way as motor vehicles, so pavements and cycle paths are strictly off limits."
So it makes me wonder why Police and PCSOs aren't stopping people who clearly use private escooters on pavements and also without safety gear!
They're also illegal on roads, round here, anyway.
Whilst I am a moderator, I am NOT posting in that capacity unless I explicitly say so
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

River Kennet attack. Please be vigilant out there people.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... d-swollen/
Mayfield

Post by Mayfield »

The first few words are ‘interesting’ 🙄
mikejee
Super Contributor

Post by mikejee »

Maybe it was a misprint an should have read "on the backside"
THC
Super Contributor

Post by THC »

For those who missed it
5853FADE-37EF-4306-8430-BF338B36826B.png
Fed-up
Super Contributor

Post by Fed-up »

Got to love autocarrot! :roflol3:
"Every place that I have been leaves its message on my skin. So many prophecies, so many signs, so little time, so little time" - Alan Prosser/Ian Telfer
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

Actually describes them perfectly 😄
“Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
BY Paulo Coelho
Souwester
Super Contributor

Post by Souwester »

My late evening walks have taken me that way on a couple of occasions, and I have to admit it is quite dark and quiet around there. It's somewhere I tend to avoid on dark evening walks.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Pooneil wrote: 11 Jan 2022 11:56
sarahbentley wrote: 11 Jan 2022 10:45 Regarding e-scooters "Under current UK law, e-scooters are classed as ‘powered transporters’ and as such are treated in the same way as motor vehicles, so pavements and cycle paths are strictly off limits."
They're also illegal on roads, round here, anyway.
Illegal anywhere, apart from on private land or rented with rules
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
Fed-up
Super Contributor

Post by Fed-up »

TVP dealt with 8 e-Scooters in Oxford in one day along with other problems - https://www.facebook.com/TVPRoadsPolici ... 539359418/

I know it is not in Reading but it does show that they are trying to do something.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Not ‘local’ as such but did anyone see/hear the bit about the murder in Basingstoke – I pass the Popley road that was closed off as just up from work and there where loads of police vehicles and a couple of other vans parked up there last night so wondered what was happening, then heard it on the news
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
BOY RACER
Super Contributor

Post by BOY RACER »

I feel very proud of myself because yesterday I prevented a Felony taking place. I managed to keep my temper and not raze the RBH to the ground due to their pathetic jobsworth of contradicting orders, and complete lack of customer service and common sense. Yes I do understand there is a problem with COVID. but going into A & E at reception there are notices saying only patients can remain in the waiting area,.NO VISITORS AT ALL ALLOWED. however on the inner doors leading actually into the assessment area are notices saying ‘ELDERLY PATIENTS AND PATIENTS IN WHEEL CHAIRS ARE ONLY ALLOWED ONE CARER TO LOOK AFTER THEM. OH is a OAP and could not stand or walk on her own and needed help. I was told that they had nurses to do that. I also mentioned that my OH was hard of hearing as her hearing aids were not working properly through the App and she could not understand everything that was being said but I was told to leave the waiting area immediately, Rukes were rules and had to be obeyed.
Whilst this was going on a lady demanded to know how long her ELDERLY mother was likely to be. She was told that her Mother had been called but did not respond. The lady said of course not Because she is deaf, and you kicked me out of the waiting area as a visitor._ point proved I think!
I understand we have a problem with our Health Service - BUT FOR GODS sake. to sink to this level of care I would suggest is disgusting.
I may be a founder member of the “Grumpy Old Men’s Club” but I never complain. :whistle1:
Mayfield

Post by Mayfield »

BOY RACER
Super Contributor

Post by BOY RACER »

Thank you MAYFIELD.
The family are already suing the RBH/NHS for a much worse tragedy than that.
I may be a founder member of the “Grumpy Old Men’s Club” but I never complain. :whistle1:
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Man stabbed outside Nando's in Whitley.

Man stabbed outside the Boundary pub in Reading town centre.

It never ends.
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

ChipbuttyG wrote: 03 Feb 2022 09:52 Man stabbed outside Nando's in Whitley.

Man stabbed outside the Boundary pub in Reading town centre.

It never ends.
When did these occur?
Whilst I am a moderator, I am NOT posting in that capacity unless I explicitly say so
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Post by Voiceoftreason? »

This, maybe? https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readi ... e-22502057

And this? https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... t-reading/

Both old, but I only did a half-hearted Gloggle search, Poo. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Disclaimer: it wasn't me as wot said it, it was my iPad spellchecker!
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

TBH watch / see the news and its happening everywhere on a regular occurrence so I tend not to bother about it
Knife crime has been getting generally worse over the last few years but the government / criminal justice system doesn’t seem to back the police, plus their number have been reduced so much there is no real deterrent
This is even though years ago it was said anyone even carrying a knife would get heavy fines / sentences - more falsehoods in general

I remember when that was announced and getting sh*t scared once as met in a shop and as I pulled out some money a large craft knife fell on the floor that I forgot to leave at home after doing some work – even the shopkeeper said you should be careful carrying that about!
I took it straight home before going anywhere else
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

Voiceoftreason? wrote: 03 Feb 2022 13:37 This, maybe? https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readi ... e-22502057

Don't think so, the first is a woman, and we'll over a mile from Nandos, and the second is off on location too.

I was just intrigued as I couldn't find anything on Get Reading, the Reading Chronicle or BBC News websites.
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Pooneil wrote: 03 Feb 2022 16:11
Voiceoftreason? wrote: 03 Feb 2022 13:37 This, maybe? https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readi ... e-22502057

Don't think so, the first is a woman, and we'll over a mile from Nandos, and the second is off on location too.

I was just intrigued as I couldn't find anything on Get Reading, the Reading Chronicle or BBC News websites.
No nor could I, these are the only two things the search turned up at all. Oh well, not interested enough to look further.
Souwester
Super Contributor

Post by Souwester »

Voiceoftreason? wrote: 03 Feb 2022 16:41o nor could I, these are the only two things the search turned up at all. Oh well, not interested enough to look further.
It's almost as if someone is trying to portray the position as being far worse than it is. As if.
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Souwester wrote: 03 Feb 2022 18:48
Voiceoftreason? wrote: 03 Feb 2022 16:41o nor could I, these are the only two things the search turned up at all. Oh well, not interested enough to look further.
It's almost as if someone is trying to portray the position as being far worse than it is. As if.
:whistle1:
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

I did have a look and found 3 separate incidents of stabbings at the end of last year, all by young lads (one was only 14) and a woman was raped a couple of days ago...............
Oh sorry should mention..............................................................................

......................................all in Hastings TC so maybe :offtopic1: :whistle1:
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Pooneil wrote: 03 Feb 2022 16:11

Nando's incident took place on 28th Jan.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readi ... s-22938170

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... tside-pub/
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

Souwester wrote: 03 Feb 2022 18:48
I'm sorry you couldn't find the news articles. I've posted them above.

Problem is, I don't post every single crime, fight, stabbing etc.....so if you think I'm 'portraying' it's far worse than it is, it's actually worse than you think.
ChipbuttyG
Super Contributor

Post by ChipbuttyG »

OLDMAN wrote: 04 Feb 2022 07:22 I did have a look and found 3 separate incidents of stabbings at the end of last year, all by young lads (one was only 14) and a woman was raped a couple of days ago...............
Oh sorry should mention..............................................................................

......................................all in Hastings TC so maybe :offtopic1: :whistle1:
Nando's incident. 28th Jan 2022. :whistle1:

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readi ... s-22938170

Return to “Reading talk”