The other side

General chat forum
annap
Super Contributor

Re: The other side

Post by annap »

lizwing wrote: 27 Mar 2020 12:11 Trying to look on the bright side, we’ve cancelled the mot and service on my car, we’re not using any petrol because we can’t go out, we’re not going for lunches, our friends can’t visit for a week so we won’t be going out for dinner every evening, I can’t go to the hairdresser so we shall be quids in by the time we can go out again 😊
I thought that last week, when the only carrots I could find in Waitrose were the expensive "heritage" ones. Might as well treat myself, I thought, as I am not spending the money on anything else at the moment! And jolly nice they were too!!
windrush
Super Contributor

Post by windrush »

lizwing wrote: 27 Mar 2020 12:11 Trying to look on the bright side, we’ve cancelled the mot and service on my car, we’re not using any petrol because we can’t go out, we’re not going for lunches, our friends can’t visit for a week so we won’t be going out for dinner every evening, I can’t go to the hairdresser so we shall be quids in by the time we can go out again 😊
You CAN go out, shopping etc can still be done unless you have health issues of course? I will have to get some supplies in early next week, I actually bit the bullet and tried Tesco's online again (Sainsburys will not accept me despite being a registered customer, yet I regularly get emails from them?) but Tesco have no deliveries for a month at least so I might just as well get my own from either our Sainsburys store or Iceland. No other shops are open apart from the pharmacy, pet shop and the butcher. Oh M&S will be but I can't afford another mortgage, and they have no freezer stuff anyway. We filled the van up with diesel two weeks ago as we should have been in Reading last weekend and heading for ten days in Scotland today so that tankfull could last me a long time as, apart from nipping into town, I wont be going far until at least August! :-) Just glad that we sold the car three weeks ago now! :whistle1:

Pete.
˙˙˙ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

In your situation Pete you could register as a vulnerable person on behalf of your wife and that will get you onto Sainsbury’s register, you’ll find delivery slots available. Go to gov.uk
“Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
BY Paulo Coelho
windrush
Super Contributor

Post by windrush »

lizwing wrote: 27 Mar 2020 13:46 In your situation Pete you could register as a vulnerable person on behalf of your wife and that will get you onto Sainsbury’s register, you’ll find delivery slots available. Go to gov.uk
She isn't really vulnerable though Liz, I don't think only having MS or being unable to walk counts as she doesn't have any heart/lung or breathing issues?

Edited to say I tried registering but, as I thought, she isn't classed as being vulnerable.

Pete.
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

I thought that anyone over 70 was classed as vulnerable?
BY Paulo Coelho
windrush
Super Contributor

Post by windrush »

lizwing wrote: 27 Mar 2020 14:14 I thought that anyone over 70 was classed as vulnerable?
Heck, don't tell her that!!!! :whistle1: She is 65 and I'm 69. :-)

Pete.
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

Oh forgive me, of course I forgot you were merely a spring chicken 😄
BY Paulo Coelho
windrush
Super Contributor

Post by windrush »

lizwing wrote: 27 Mar 2020 14:44 Oh forgive me, of course I forgot you were merely a spring chicken 😄
No problem, the forum does need some of us more junior members. :whistle1:

Pete.
annap
Super Contributor

Post by annap »

lizwing wrote: 27 Mar 2020 12:08 Ours has been increased to £45.
Not all shops have implemented the increase to £45, apparently - just had an email from Aldi saying that they will be doing so from April 8th. Just thought I would mention it, as it is worth checking before you start buying.
cnb
Super Contributor

Post by cnb »

annap wrote: 28 Mar 2020 00:07 Not all shops have implemented the increase to £45, apparently - just had an email from Aldi saying that they will be doing so from April 8th. Just thought I would mention it, as it is worth checking before you start buying.
Nobody should have implemented it yet - it should be done on Wednesday 1st at the earliest.
annap
Super Contributor

Post by annap »

cnb wrote: 28 Mar 2020 09:42
annap wrote: 28 Mar 2020 00:07 Not all shops have implemented the increase to £45, apparently - just had an email from Aldi saying that they will be doing so from April 8th. Just thought I would mention it, as it is worth checking before you start buying.
Nobody should have implemented it yet - it should be done on Wednesday 1st at the earliest.
Ah - thank you. Hadn't realised that. Sorry.

Return to “Chatty Person”