What if ...

General chat forum
D5equj5
Super Contributor

What if ...

Post by D5equj5 »

Hmm cuppa and marmaladed toast devoured.
So, why might leaders want their populations indoors, compliant and isolated? A world-wide spreading virus is just one reason. Nuclear accident - or pending nuclear release is another, as is looming asteroid hit, alien invasion and of course war. This idea bases its strength upon populations trusting in its leaders. Counter-intuitive to this are the Brits who don't trust politicians but are going along with it anyway and the Yanks, who (largely) don't trust Trump and of course the French who don't trust anyone but are staying home whilst they think about it. It is interesting North Korea claims no infections - this could be due to their leader(s) not being a party to the "secret of what is about to occur" and so they are just not "getting" what is going on. It could, of course, mean they really haven't got any contractions; or that they have but choose not to say.

The BBC and other channels have been airing propagandist war films for weeks now - this might be to re-instil the "British Spirit" in the population and to show us what a compliant population is supposed to look like (empty streets with the odd person shuffling about foraging for food) Although it is somewhat surprising our leaders haven't told us "loose talk costs lives" or to "dig for Britain" and plant vegetables in our gardens and to keep chickens and rabbits.

All of this could also mean there is a particularly nasty virus spreading around the world and our politicians are trying to save us -if large parts of the population dies-off then governments draw-in less tax and so the country becomes poorer. Plus of course the expense of treating the infected. But, where's the fun in that.

I fully realise this is a particularly cynical view and I put full square blame on the marmalade I 'ad on me toast this morning and I sit in the middle of the "If I can't see it, it doesn't exist" camp.

So, what am I doing now? Digging our front garden over and planting potato peelings and putting barbed wire around the top of the fences in our back garden in readiness for the lawlessness to come.
Keep safe
XX
Imaginari quaestionem. codice est. trucidabunt eam. participes.
Call me 2jabsD5
All posts are made during my own time or whilst on "fag breaks" at work. I shall endeavour to follow and comply with my employers documented Social Media Policy The views I express here are mine alone and are unlikely to reflect the views of my employer.
Start each day with a smile and get it over with.
j9j9j9
Super Contributor

Re: What if ...

Post by j9j9j9 »

Last edited by j9j9j9 on 24 Apr 2020 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
mikejee
Super Contributor

Post by mikejee »

j9j9j9 wrote: 18 Mar 2020 09:56 I'm still in the what if it is a manmade virus to kill off the economically inactive 😉

Edited to include emoji to demonstrate I am actually joking
I know you were joking, but some people see dark things everywhere (In my case it is Boris !). However Science digest today released a summary of work that seems to put the kybosh on it being manmade:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 175442.htm
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Post by Voiceoftreason? »

So don’t eat bats or armadillos and we will be ok. Got it.
Disclaimer: it wasn't me as wot said it, it was my iPad spellchecker!
D5equj5
Super Contributor

Post by D5equj5 »

Aha my theory just got blown out of the water - my nephew has symptoms (he is a GP and has been working 18hr days for several weeks)
Keep safe
XX
Imaginari quaestionem. codice est. trucidabunt eam. participes.
Call me 2jabsD5
All posts are made during my own time or whilst on "fag breaks" at work. I shall endeavour to follow and comply with my employers documented Social Media Policy The views I express here are mine alone and are unlikely to reflect the views of my employer.
Start each day with a smile and get it over with.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Voiceoftreason? wrote: 18 Mar 2020 12:03 So don’t eat bats or armadillos and we will be ok. Got it.
Thought that was known since the start!

Bit like Aids started by having sex with monkeys, or was it eating them? :whistle1:
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Post by Voiceoftreason? »

I knew that OM! I was being ironic, duh.

As for what,you do with monkeys, well.....
Disclaimer: it wasn't me as wot said it, it was my iPad spellchecker!

Return to “Chatty Person”