5975 development

adrianm758
Contributor

5975 development

Post by adrianm758 »

What’s happened to the 5975 development on the corner of queens road and watlington? I walk past there most days and construction seems to have ground to a halt over a year ago. I do remember looking online and thinking the flats were overpriced rabbit hutches so it wouldn’t surprise if it never sold off plan and went bust.
OLDMAN

Re: 5975 development

Post by OLDMAN »

I wondered the same but it does seem that something is going on as bits look different every time I pass, and I did notice that amongst the new signs a on the fencing it said 'available 2019'

And they are being advertised, and this is dated 2020 - https://justnewhomes.com/property/5975- ... ge-viewing

It does seem to have been long as it was empty / for sale in 2016/2017 especially they've managed to knock down, completely rebuild and open Kings Point in just over the same amount of time

Oh and, HI adrianm758 and welcome to the forum
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Jack Strop
Super Contributor

Post by Jack Strop »

I walk past there every day, and TBH, I don't think they've ever actually stopped work. Suspect it's in two phases. Refurbishment of existing Queens Road building, and then the new build which joins to the corner of the building and runs parallel to Watlington Street Bridge. Development started quite a bit later than Kings Point, but agreed, it's not been the speediest.
thegoodmrbrodie!
Contributor

Post by thegoodmrbrodie! »

saw some people on the roof this week, so *something* is happening, even if it is slowly.
Lizzy33
Super Contributor

Post by Lizzy33 »

Work is happening but it's at a steady pace.
KeithW
Super Contributor

Post by KeithW »

They're out in force today, putting OSB panelling around the exposed eastern end. Maybe they're expecting rain?
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

KeithW wrote: 20 Feb 2020 15:21 They're out in force today, putting OSB panelling around the exposed eastern end. Maybe they're expecting rain?
Went past on the bus into town about 8:00am and saw 5 guys up on the scaffolding
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
adrianm758
Contributor

Post by adrianm758 »

I think it's well and truly over. Even the www.5975reading.com website is no more.

Can't say I'm surprised, those apartments were like rabbit-hutches.
sarahbentley
Contributor

Post by sarahbentley »

Saw some people on site, maybe another company has come in to finish the job
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Been quietly watching this as noticed very little work going on aprt form the odd occasion and -
The company seems to have changed names, it was 5975Reading which is now deferred and changed to Reading Heights Limited, but registered at the same address in Kettering and both shown as run by the same guy (director)

Last planning info was from June 2020 which approved work to go on
Oldman........

I hug everybody –

Return to “Property developments in Reading”