The silly politics thread

General chat forum
j9j9j9
Super Contributor

The silly politics thread

Post by j9j9j9 »

Last edited by j9j9j9 on 14 May 2020 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
piwacket

Re: The silly politics thread

Post by piwacket »

Good idea! :)

... as for the mother in that story - what a nice woman she must be :whistle1:
There's no such thing as a free lunch
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

Hum. The Lewes party must have not got the memo from Conservative Central Office about not attending debates and hustings where there is any possibility of encountering real people (or Andrew Neil). They would have been better to do what Alok Sharma and Craig Morley did at last weeks hustings at the Quaker Meeting Hall last week, which was to simply send an apology. They did get sent up a bit by all the other candidates for not showing up, but it certainly didn't make it into the national press. I wonder if they will do the same at today's hustings at RISC.

But yes, I do feel sorry for the poor councillor who got talked into doing this.
j9j9j9
Super Contributor

Post by j9j9j9 »

Last edited by j9j9j9 on 14 May 2020 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
dave m
Super Contributor

Post by dave m »

Anybody see the car crash that was ukip's interim chair on sky?
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6404488

Couldn't name a single seat that they were contesting and had no knowledge of the current immigration laws
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

79251250_1053064235040019_478855546032619520_n.jpg
:roflol3:
j9j9j9
Super Contributor

Post by j9j9j9 »

Last edited by j9j9j9 on 14 May 2020 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Bam
Super Contributor

Post by Bam »

I note that the next full moon is to coincide with election day. That should bode well for the Monster Raving Looney party and looneys of all other persuasions.
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

Bam wrote: 10 Dec 2019 14:27 I note that the next full moon is to coincide with election day. That should bode well for the Monster Raving Looney party and looneys of all other persuasions.
Oh dear.
Mayfield

Post by Mayfield »

Two relatives are involved in 'the count', the local one ( Rivermead) has been advised to take a shovel as we might have snow !

They are expecting a lowish turnout too....and my accountant made a similar prediction....😟
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

If people can’t be bothered to vote they can’t complain about the result. If they’re put off by a bit of snow they obviously don’t feel that strongly.
“Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
BY Paulo Coelho
KeithW
Super Contributor

Post by KeithW »

lizwing wrote: 10 Dec 2019 19:37 If people can’t be bothered to vote they can’t complain about the result. If they’re put off by a bit of snow they obviously don’t feel that strongly.
Bad weather sways the result. All the Tory voters will be turning up in their chauffeur-driven Bentleys towing a cartful of their loyal servants, forelocks a-tugging, while the Labour voters will be shuffling half-starved on crutches through the elements after a gruelling minimum-wage twelve hour shift.

The LibDems simply don't matter, and the Brexit and Christian loonies will be too occupied staring in wonder at the full moon.
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

It’s hardly worth us getting the Bentley out to go across the road to the polling station, we can give the chauffeur the day off too.
BY Paulo Coelho
Mayfield

Post by Mayfield »

So he can vote Labour Liz ???😀😀😀
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

No, he knows he’s better off under the Tories 😄
BY Paulo Coelho
mikejee
Super Contributor

Post by mikejee »

Under them is probably the right descriptive word - slaves , with limited access to a cut-down NHS and subject to abuse,by the Tory leaders and their acolytes
j9j9j9
Super Contributor

Post by j9j9j9 »

piwacket

Post by piwacket »

mikejee wrote: 11 Dec 2019 13:54 Under them is probably the right descriptive word - slaves , with limited access to a cut-down NHS and subject to abuse,by the Tory leaders and their acolytes
Slaves? I was never a ‘slave’! ... as for the NHS that’s a different scenario altogether, whoever is in Parliament!
There's no such thing as a free lunch
KeithW
Super Contributor

Post by KeithW »

piwacket wrote: 11 Dec 2019 14:24
mikejee wrote: 11 Dec 2019 13:54 Under them is probably the right descriptive word - slaves , with limited access to a cut-down NHS and subject to abuse,by the Tory leaders and their acolytes
Slaves? I was never a ‘slave’!
So pull up the ladder.
Mayfield

Post by Mayfield »

lizwing wrote: 11 Dec 2019 11:28 No, he knows he’s better off under the Tories 😄
Don't let him get ill then, this is from a lady on one of my FB groups this morning....for the record G is under a year old !
You may be better off under the Conservatives but they have had 9 years to fix this sort of thing and here we are again, another winter, another crisis....😡

I’m afraid my checkin is slightly rushed as I have been looking after M***** my granddaughter full time for two days whilst G***** my grandson was admitted into hospital with a dose of the flu and suspected sepsis.
It’s been a very worrying time but he was discharged last night and the nurse will visit today with the results of blood tests. Fingers crossed it’s all ok but he is responding well to the antibiotics.
Just for the record they had to wait 3 hours to get to see a triage nurse but then were rushed in to see a doctor within 5 minutes. The truth of our NHS is that one walk in centre had a 5 hour wait so DIL went to another one who advised A and E at one point in A and E there were over 50 children waiting to be seen. Thank god for our NHS but I feel so sorry for the staff who have to work in those conditions day in day out. Alder Hey(biggest children’s hospital in Liverpool) closed their A and E as they were unable to cope. My son had to go to Whiston. This was two nights ago the same day that poor boy was on the blankets in Leeds hospital.
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

He has finally turned up: :-) :-) :-)

79453317_2310628062375615_8145625112901582848_n.jpg
Bam
Super Contributor

Post by Bam »

Mayfield, in the early days of NHS, 1950s in Caversham. From what I recall, if your child was worryingly ill, the parent rang the doctor 24/7 and he would either advise or drive to your home if he felt it was serious, in the same dedicated way that a vet would for an animal in distress. We never went to a hospital unless the doctor felt it neccessary.

Were we were getting the pre war private system service under the new National Insurance?

What went wrong?
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Post by Voiceoftreason? »

I’m not so sure that boy on the blanket, as bona fide. There’s always two sides to a story and the picture doesn’t look right imho.
Disclaimer: it wasn't me as wot said it, it was my iPad spellchecker!
BOY RACER
Super Contributor

Post by BOY RACER »

Voiceoftreason? wrote: 11 Dec 2019 19:23 I’m not so sure that boy on the blanket, as bona fide. There’s always two sides to a story and the picture doesn’t look right imho.
Like when Corbyn sat on the floor of a train, stating he could not get a seat. Proven to be a lie and all contrived.

If a Politician told me that today was Wednesday 11th December I would check a calendar.
I may be a founder member of the “Grumpy Old Men’s Club” but I never complain. :whistle1:
KeithW
Super Contributor

Post by KeithW »

Voiceoftreason? wrote: 11 Dec 2019 19:23 I’m not so sure that boy on the blanket, as bona fide. There’s always two sides to a story and the picture doesn’t look right imho.
Statements like that require evidence, IMO, share it with us. Oh...
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

IV bags work by gravity. Take a look at where that bag is.

Oh yourself.
j9j9j9
Super Contributor

Post by j9j9j9 »

dave m
Super Contributor

Post by dave m »

[quote=PC49 post_id=289090 time=1576093766 user_id=9605

Like when Corbyn sat on the floor of a train, stating he could not get a seat. Proven to be a lie and all contrived.

If a Politician told me that today was Wednesday 11th December I would check a calendar.
[/quote]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47fqjA8CwGE

After 7 months Virgin trains eventually produced the CCTV footage that did prove that Jeremy Corbin was telling the truth about the lack of seats.
What could the owner of virgin trains possibly gain from manipulating the truth about a politician who agrees with nationalising trains?
dave m
Super Contributor

Post by dave m »

https://dorseteye.com/strap-yourselves- ... s-brewing/

So as well as the truthful nature of the story being authenticated by the hospital, and the "punch" that proved to be a political aide walking into a protester's arm, the woman who's Facebook account was used to suggest that it was untrue then claims that her account was hacked.

But her son seems to be a friend of Matt Hancock ? What a strange coincidence
KeithW
Super Contributor

Post by KeithW »

Voiceoftreason? wrote: 11 Dec 2019 19:56 IV bags work by gravity. Take a look at where that bag is.

Oh yourself.
Hydrostatic pressure, it wouldn't work well where it was in the photo. Just maybe it wasn't always there?

The boy was on the floor. You've been duped.
windrush
Super Contributor

Post by windrush »

Bam wrote: 11 Dec 2019 19:02 Mayfield, in the early days of NHS, 1950s in Caversham. From what I recall, if your child was worryingly ill, the parent rang the doctor 24/7 and he would either advise or drive to your home if he felt it was serious, in the same dedicated way that a vet would for an animal in distress. We never went to a hospital unless the doctor felt it neccessary.

Were we were getting the pre war private system service under the new National Insurance?

What went wrong?
And there lies the problem Bam. On a fairly recent radio programme a guy chopped part of his finger off with a saw and called a Doctor who advised going to A&E, fair enough. However, after waiting in a crowded A&E for a few hours the nurse (when he finally got seen) commented that he was the first GENUINE A&E case they had had that day, all the rest were coughs and colds and could have been dealt with by either a GP or a pharmacy. I watched something about Ireland recently and they have FIVE YEAR plus waits just to see a consultant, one chap had cataracts but there were 5000+ waiting before he could be seen. The NHS isn't THAT bad. Mrs Windrush spent a night on a stretcher in the corridor at A&E when she broke her ankle a few years ago, but many beds were taken up by the usual 'saturday night regulars that every hospital has. Last year her catheter blocked so we spent a few hours in A&E at Preston hospital, in the next cubicle was a chap who came in every saturday evening because he removed his feeding tube and he was hoping to spend the night there, three nurses were dealing with him for over four hours as he was agressive and admitted that when they discharged him he would do exactly the same again the following saturday. What can they do with cases like that, just chuck them back onto the streets? :? Mrs W's catheter unblocked itself in the end anyway, but not before we all had to go outside for half an hour into the cold night air as another drunk set light to some paper in a cubicle and set the sprinkler off! :banghead:

Pete.
˙˙˙ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

KeithW wrote: 11 Dec 2019 20:13
Voiceoftreason? wrote: 11 Dec 2019 19:56 IV bags work by gravity. Take a look at where that bag is.

Oh yourself.
Hydrostatic pressure, it wouldn't work well where it was in the photo. Just maybe it wasn't always there?

The boy was on the floor. You've been duped.
I’ll make my own opinion thank you. Not only would it not work ‘well’ as you put it, it would also never be placed there by clinical staff. If the bag wasn’t always there (it wouldn’t have been) then why put it there. Why move it, if not for dramatic emphasis. Who is duping who?
j9j9j9
Super Contributor

Post by j9j9j9 »

Last edited by j9j9j9 on 14 May 2020 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
mikejee
Super Contributor

Post by mikejee »

And the people who have been more responsible for "duping~" people than anyone in this whole area and are the most consistent liers are all members of the Tory elite (or the Brexit rabble)
j9j9j9
Super Contributor

Post by j9j9j9 »

Last edited by j9j9j9 on 14 May 2020 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chatty Person”