Kings Road - the king of new residential developments

Lizzy33
Super Contributor

Kings Road - the king of new residential developments

Post by Lizzy33 »

I've noticed some of the former office buildings are being re-done into residential flats. Will this help with first time buyers getting on the property ladder or will they be 2nd/3rd homes for the rich?
Will the council restrict the number of car park slots for these places.
piwacket

Re: Kings Road - the king of new residential developments

Post by piwacket »

Who’d buy a 2nd or 3rd home in Reading? It’s hardly the French Riviera or the Costa del Sol? :)
.... or do you mean ‘Buy to Let’ landlords?
There's no such thing as a free lunch
Lizzy33
Super Contributor

Post by Lizzy33 »

Yep, the buy to let landlords
dave m
Super Contributor

Post by dave m »

one of the former offices is student flats.
That seems to be the big earner today, as all you get is one room, and a communal kitchen/living area split among say, ten residents.
The density is far higher than even a one bedroom flat
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

piwacket wrote: 07 Jan 2019 10:20 Who’d buy a 2nd or 3rd home in Reading? It’s hardly the French Riviera or the Costa del Sol? :)
.... or do you mean ‘Buy to Let’ landlords?
Quite a lot of the newer flats around central Reading seem to have been bought to use as serviced apartments, which are rented out by the day or week as an alternative to staying in a hotel. I've used these in the past on business trips, but they have always been in dedicated buildings. In Reading however there seem to be several companies doing this with individual apartments dotted around different buildings.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

This has been going on along there for a few years now - many back in 2014, (and generally across Reading and in in many other towns) soon they will be more flats and very few offices at this rate

But considering many offices have stood empty for many years I feel its a better use of them

As for parking its down to what was already there for said offices - the council doesn't have any real input into that as pre-existing
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!

Return to “Property developments in Reading”