The Foundry Quarter (Weldale Street)

bluemondayuk
Super Contributor

Re: The Foundry Quarter (Weldale Street)

Post by bluemondayuk »

Popped into Iceland earlier. They close on September 22nd.

Look out for bargains in the few days prior!

Let's hope the contractors are on site PDQ else that car park will become a real trouble spot very quickly.
buseng
Super Contributor

Post by buseng »

Looks like there will be no town centre Iceland for several months. Weldale St shuts 22/09 & the new one in the old Argos store does not open until 01/19.
https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/new-s ... rgos-unit/

Can't see it being very big as the old Argos store is being divided into five including a cinema!
As mentioned there is no dedicated parking like Weldale St, certainly not going to pay to park just to buy a few frozen items like I can now.
cnb
Super Contributor

Post by cnb »

buseng wrote: 10 Sep 2018 12:14 Can't see it being very big as the old Argos store is being divided into five including a cinema!
It'll be a similar size to the Weldale Street branch. The space for the other 4 units is mostly coming from the space that Argos used for storage at basement and first floor level.
buseng wrote: 10 Sep 2018 12:14 As mentioned there is no dedicated parking like Weldale St, certainly not going to pay to park just to buy a few frozen items like I can now.
There's a much larger Iceland with plenty of free parking less than a mile away at Rose Kiln Lane.
bobby1413

Post by bobby1413 »

buseng wrote: 10 Sep 2018 12:14 Looks like there will be no town centre Iceland for several months. Weldale St shuts 22/09 & the new one in the old Argos store does not open until 01/19.
https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/new-s ... rgos-unit/

Can't see it being very big as the old Argos store is being divided into five including a cinema!
As mentioned there is no dedicated parking like Weldale St, certainly not going to pay to park just to buy a few frozen items like I can now.
There's going to be a cinema there?

Will it be a standard commercial one like The Vue, Odeon etc...? Or one showing more unique type of films?
Melchett

Post by Melchett »

I'm guessing it may be a CineWorld.
cnb
Super Contributor

Post by cnb »

Melchett wrote: 13 Sep 2018 09:48 I'm guessing it may be a CineWorld.
Probably. It's small though - two or three screens I guess - so likely their PictureHouse division, the same one that runs the cinema in Henley.
eddieed
Super Contributor

Post by eddieed »

cnb wrote: 13 Sep 2018 10:13
Melchett wrote: 13 Sep 2018 09:48 I'm guessing it may be a CineWorld.
Probably. It's small though - two or three screens I guess - so likely their PictureHouse division, the same one that runs the cinema in Henley.
That sort of size of Cinema also fits Everyman - however I can't see Broad Street Mall fitting their style image!!

Return to “Property developments in Reading”