BMW Site/Swan Heights (Napier Road)

Tommy
Super Contributor

Re: BMW Site/Swan Heights (Napier Road)

Post by Tommy »

OneGorman wrote: 17 Jul 2019 11:29 You can’t have cycle lanes everywhere though! You have the road, and new laws about drivers having to give you more room. I suggest you put more energy into wearing a helmet and head can and reporting drivers who pass you in a dangerous manner; as opposed to whining about bike lanes.

But you can on a road easily wide enough to have them and it's right by the train station that has bike racks. No need to stick up for this inept council here I'm afraid.
ash
Super Contributor

Post by ash »

You could have guessed it!

The developers of Thames Quarter have returned with another planning application, proposing to increase the height of the lower block building to 13 floors. Planning number 190809.

I thought the council had already refused their last attempt to increase the lower block to the same number of floors, earlier this year: https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/prope ... n-16185393
OneGorman
Super Contributor

Post by OneGorman »

Don’t really see the problem considering all the flats that are set for approval in this area and off these roads.
Mayfield

Post by Mayfield »

Tommy wrote: 13 Jul 2019 09:36 There was a fire in a flat on Kennet Island last week. The sign of things to come in Reading. I hope we've recruited extra fire fighters for the area. Oh and rat catchers. Flats are notoriously bad for attracting rats.
No, badly kept rubbish is.
Tommy
Super Contributor

Post by Tommy »

Mayfield wrote: 12 Aug 2019 17:42
Tommy wrote: 13 Jul 2019 09:36 There was a fire in a flat on Kennet Island last week. The sign of things to come in Reading. I hope we've recruited extra fire fighters for the area. Oh and rat catchers. Flats are notoriously bad for attracting rats.
No, badly kept rubbish is.
I've seen rats in places where there is well kept rubbish.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

TBH Rubbish / Flats / Apartments / Houses………………..whatever: they have nothing to do with rats – its food they are after!
Waste food in rubbish – yes
General rubbish, no - not even for nesting as disturbed too often

And they are everywhere, you just don’t normally see them, but they are getting bolder so more sightings
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
MrsKaur
Contributor

Post by MrsKaur »

This is a really imposing building! It seems they've finished building all the levels now and constructing the outer shell.
OneGorman
Super Contributor

Post by OneGorman »

Yep, looking good! Nice skyline developing as you approach Southampton Street. It’ll look fantastic once Station Hill is completed.

Return to “Property developments in Reading”