Super Contributor

Re: Kings Point (Kings Road)

Post by OneGorman »

Added the article to the post now. 17 floors and should top out for Easter 👍🏼
OneGorman
Super Contributor

Post by OneGorman »

Maybe someone else can check and grab a picture but in the rush hour I think I counted 17 floors tonight which would mean they’re almost two months ahead of schedule.
Last edited by OneGorman on 25 Jan 2018 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Yola

Post by Yola »

I will ask my son to count the floors tomorrow while I’m driving.
bobby1413

Post by bobby1413 »

Yola wrote: 25 Jan 2018 21:59 I will ask my son to count the floors tomorrow while I’m driving.
Count them yourself and ask him to hold the steering wheel
Yola

Post by Yola »

bobby1413 wrote: 26 Jan 2018 09:38
Yola wrote: 25 Jan 2018 21:59 I will ask my son to count the floors tomorrow while I’m driving.
Count them yourself and ask him to hold the steering wheel
At 14 1/2, he's desperate to learn to drive so that would be a temptation too far :-)

He says its definitely 17 floors.
OneGorman
Super Contributor

Post by OneGorman »

Can’t be long before they have the topping out ceremony then. That’s all the floors done.
A well Wisher

Post by A well Wisher »

17 or 18 ?

THC
Super Contributor

Post by THC »

Presumably a roof terrace
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

That is odd. I count at least 18 stories there. I thought they only had permission for 16.

Great photo, by the way.
cnb
Super Contributor

Post by cnb »

chris_j_wood wrote: 30 Jan 2018 19:16 That is odd. I count at least 18 stories there. I thought they only had permission for 16.

Great photo, by the way.
I think it's a double-height ground floor then 16 upper floors.
stevehayter

Post by stevehayter »

Are these flats actually for sale anywhere? Or have they all been sold off plan to a investors? :-x
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Ha, ha - I sat in traffic and counted last night - 3 times and from differing positions, and yes its 17, but that's not including the original ground floor

Add that on makes it 18
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
zag

Post by zag »

stevehayter wrote: 30 Jan 2018 21:35 Are these flats actually for sale anywhere? Or have they all been sold off plan to a investors? :-x
Not yet, but anyone can register their interest here:

http://www.verto-reading.com/#register-your-interest
OneGorman
Super Contributor

Post by OneGorman »

chris_j_wood wrote: 30 Jan 2018 19:16 That is odd. I count at least 18 stories there. I thought they only had permission for 16.

Great photo, by the way.
Planning approved for 17 stories.
stevehayter

Post by stevehayter »

piwacket

Post by piwacket »

stevehayter wrote: 31 Jan 2018 19:43 They seem to have prices here:

https://search.savills.com/property-det ... hdun171288
Love the Artistic Impression :)) That lovely wide, sunny promenade .... leading to the beach in California. Hoping non Reading purchasers are not disappointed!
There's no such thing as a free lunch
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

piwacket wrote: 31 Jan 2018 20:12
stevehayter wrote: 31 Jan 2018 19:43 They seem to have prices here:

https://search.savills.com/property-det ... hdun171288
Love the Artistic Impression :)) That lovely wide, sunny promenade .... leading to the beach in California. Hoping non Reading purchasers are not disappointed!
No sorry, can't see that in the images, if anything its quite accurate for an artistic render

It looks like a sunny day just where it is, only bits missing in one image are the railings / bus stop and lots of cars

The other one has no bridge parapet (artistic license?) and no prison in the background - but that could be accurate soon

Otherwise it’s as I’ve seen it when walking along there on a nice sunny day - without the new building of course

Bit i like though is -

Reading is conveniently situated for international access with both Heathrow and Gatwick just a 40 minute and 90 minute drive respectively

So they are saying cars could be needed - does that mean they will have parking?
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Post by Voiceoftreason? »

Pity the street view is some random place in Dublin.....
Disclaimer: it wasn't me as wot said it, it was my iPad spellchecker!
THC
Super Contributor

Post by THC »

OLDMAN wrote: 01 Feb 2018 08:31
Reading is conveniently situated for international access with both Heathrow and Gatwick just a 40 minute and 90 minute drive respectively

So they are saying cars could be needed - does that mean they will have parking?
It’s possible to travel by car to an airport without it being your own car ;-)
dave m
Super Contributor

Post by dave m »

That impression is kings road isn't it? From outside the pru?
If so, more accurate than many I have seen
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

dave m wrote: 01 Feb 2018 09:17 That impression is kings road isn't it? From outside the pru?
Yes- if you imagine standing at the 2nd bus stop outside the Prudential

As I said the only things missing are railings and the Prudential owned bus stop, and that’s an eyesore that needs sorting (yes, I know the story of why it’s still there)

And no cars – and I forgot, no lights at that junction!
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
buseng
Super Contributor

Post by buseng »

OLDMAN wrote: 01 Feb 2018 10:01
dave m wrote: 01 Feb 2018 09:17 That impression is kings road isn't it? From outside the pru?
Yes- if you imagine standing at the 2nd bus stop outside the Prudential

As I said the only things missing are railings and the Prudential owned bus stop, and that’s an eyesore that needs sorting (yes, I know the story of why it’s still there)

And no cars – and I forgot, no lights at that junction!
You wish!
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

So - other than no traffic lights, no railings, no prison, bus stop nor cars it’s accurate - of the building :whistle1:
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

piwacket wrote: 01 Feb 2018 10:24 So - other than no traffic lights, no railings, no prison, bus stop nor cars it’s accurate - of the building :whistle1:
And no beach!
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

OLDMAN wrote: 01 Feb 2018 10:37
piwacket wrote: 01 Feb 2018 10:24 So - other than no traffic lights, no railings, no prison, bus stop nor cars it’s accurate - of the building :whistle1:
And no beach!

... ah but the beach was in my imagination, like the Artist’s idea of what the street corner would look like .... stripped of any ancillary bits and pieces ...
.... anyway whatever - I’m not going to be living there, and I doubt yourself or anyone else on this Topic is going to ...
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

OLDMAN wrote: 01 Feb 2018 10:01As I said the only things missing are ... the Prudential owned bus stop ...
?.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

I wondered if someone would pick up on that….Its actually the shelter, not the stop though!

Back in 2010 RBC / RB and JC Decaux undertook the replacement of nearly all bus shelters in Reading - the new ones where nicely design and have solar powered matrix units for the bus time readouts
A contract to keep them cleaned / maintained was also set up

This is the one outside Prudential – H&P Stop 5, its looks like all the others around the town
BS 1.JPG
However, I was once told a problem occurred with the other one just along there - H&P Stop 4 so it’s never been replaced
It’s a fancy design one that was ‘supposedly’ put in by Prudential as right outside their building, but they now deny all knowledge of it
BS 2.JPG
Problem is RBC cannot touch it as not owned / controlled by them and are loathe to do so in case anyone sues them for it
Quite a few years back they fitted a matrix sign in it, but had even had to remove that as not their shelter

That’s now mounted on the sign post next to the shelter

Its why there are no paper etc signs on it

It’s also not cleaned / maintained and becoming a mess / eyesore – and its one we often use

So, all waiting to see if it ever gets sorted!
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
zag

Post by zag »

Someone will crash into it eventually :)
johnH
Site Admin

Post by johnH »

Sunday, 11/02/18
IMG_20180211_225506.jpg
Reading Town Forum on Twitter
Reading Town Forum YouTube
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

Aargh! :bigeyes1:
THC
Super Contributor

Post by THC »

Pinocchio with a beer gut!
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Certainly not a good look with all the scaffolding / cranes etc still in place
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
OneGorman
Super Contributor

Post by OneGorman »

Looks impressive as you walk down Kings Road away from the Library. Shame it’s not a bit taller though. I don’t get RBC’s obsession with the Blade and that ugly white fin remaining as the centre peace tall building.
Last edited by OneGorman on 18 Feb 2018 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
OneGorman
Super Contributor

Post by OneGorman »

Noticed the glazing going in today. Starting to look pretty smart!
ash
Super Contributor

Post by ash »

Looking forward to seeing the finished building. To think what was there before!

Return to “Property developments in Reading”