Reading v Burnley FA Cup

have your say about the Royals here ....
driftwood

Reading v Burnley FA Cup

Post by driftwood »

The Royals home to Burnley in the FA Cup, Saturday 23rd January. Kick Off 12.45pm

For those of you who don't want to be at the MadStad, eating pies, supping Bovril with lashings of pepper, the match is being shown live at;
http://www.thefa.com/
where you watch the Royals in the comfort of your computer desk.
driftwood

Re: Reading v Burnley FA Cup

Post by driftwood »

It gives me great delight....(and some surprise) that I announce

READING 1 BURNLEY NIL......zilch, nuffin, down and out, sweet FA (cup that is), gawin ome empty anded, no longer in the Cup...got beat....couldn't win (even against Reading)

so

for those of you that are hard of hearing, I shall say it again...................

READING 1 BURNLEY 0
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

Drifters - thought of you when looking at our freebie Evening Post yesterday..... a photo showing a very long line of chaps waiting for buses to Elm Park.... apparently Broad Street was closed to accommodate them :bigeyes1: Can you imagine that - even pre-pedestrianised days :roflol3:
There's no such thing as a free lunch
Ossie
Contributor

Post by Ossie »

I tried to view the match on the FA website but they had a 'technical problem' :banghead: - you would think an organisation with their financial and no doubt technical resources could at the very least be able to stream a football match. No wonder many people are driven to watching unlicensed transmissions from across the globe. Thank goodness for the good old reliable radio!

But my annoyance was dampened by a great result. Well done boys - looking forward to the next round draw tomorrow!
There is an old man living in my shaving mirror!
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

piwacket wrote:Drifters - thought of you when looking at our freebie Evening Post yesterday..... a photo showing a very long line of chaps waiting for buses to Elm Park.... apparently Broad Street was closed to accommodate them :bigeyes1: Can you imagine that - even pre-pedestrianised days :roflol3:

At the risk of giving away my identity, I didn't need to catch a bus to Elm Park back in the good old days.....I just took a short walk, even in slippers one day (much to the amusment of the Town End) :lol2:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

perhaps the recent Championship form accounted for the abysmal attendance :-(
marie

Post by marie »

The 5th round tie will be at home against West Bromwich Albion....

Return to “Reading Football Club”