Like I said....Did he walk or was he pushed?

have your say about the Royals here ....
driftwood

Like I said....Did he walk or was he pushed?

Post by driftwood »

Brendan Rodgers leaves Reading FC after 'blazing row'
By Jonny Fordham
December 17, 2009
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... lazing_row

Brendan Rodgers left Reading after a blazing row with chairman Sir John Madejski the Reading Post understands.

Rodgers met with the chairman and board of directors yesterday afternoon to discuss player funds ahead of the opening of the January transfer window.

Brendan Rodgers leaves Reading FC with Darren Ferguson favourite to replace him

The 36-year-old wanted more money to add to his squad to fight off relegation, but Sir John was reluctant to allow him anymore after he spent more than £3.5 million in the summer on Matt Mills, Brian Howard, Grzegorz Rasiak, Shaun Cummings and star player Jobi McAnuff.

The news came out of the blue to the players as well as other staff at the club's Hogwood Park training facility who had all been together on Tuesday night for the Christmas party in the Jazz Café at Madejski Stadium.

A club source said that both Sir John and Rodgers were in good spirits on the night, but less than 48 hours later the Northern Irishman left his £400,000 a year job.

A club statement said: "Following a meeting this afternoon, the chairman, the board of Reading Football Club and Brendan Rodgers have agreed by mutual consent that Brendan Rodgers will leave his position as first team manager with immediate effect."

Injured striker Noel Hunt wrote on his Twitter page last night: "Wow really didn't c the events of 2day coming I wish the old Gaffer all the best in what ever he goes into and the new man coming in my best!!

"A lil sick about what's happening with the Mr Rodgers!!"

Darren Ferguson, who Reading tried to get from Peterborough United in the summer, and former Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate are the early front-runners for the job.

Former Scotland boss George Burley and ex-Fulham manager and Reading man Lawrie Sanchez are other names being linked right now.

Former boss Steve Coppell would be a fans' favourite, but he is unlikely to come back to the club as it sits in 21st place in the table with tight financial budgets.

Former QPR boss Jim Magilton, who was also sacked yesterday, is another possible candidate along with Tony Adams and Alan Curbishley.

Chief scout Brian McDermott will take care of the first-team for this Saturday's trip to Bristol City.

Rodgers' assistant Dean Austin has also left, along with football consultant Frank Lampard senior, both followed him from Watford.

.........so that's hear no evil, see no evil and talk no evil gone then :redcard: :oops1: :oops1:
old_chris

Re: Like I said....Did he walk or was he pushed?

Post by old_chris »

The think I've found Reading's problem.

Considering Jobi McNotenough as a star player will get you nowhere! :imao1:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

considering a draw against Scunthorpe a good result :nopity: :nopity: :nopity:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

OK..........bust up between Mr Rodgers, SJM and the Board of RFC. Gut feeling was that he just didn't pop in to say "thanks" for the Christmas booze-up or sorry about another two points down the Swanny the other day.....

But Austin and Lampard too?......Not that they'll be missed in some quarters but it'll have cost a few bob I expect. :zzzing:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

Reading FC deny Brendan Rodgers left after row
By Jonny Fordham
December 17, 2009

ffs :roll:

Oh yes they did...........Oh no they didn't...............

It's that time of year folks
striker

Post by striker »

DONT WORRY HODDLES ON HIS WAY :imao1:
entomokolo

Post by entomokolo »

Probably pushed, but who cares anyway? Sadly, his style of management didn't work at Reading so it is better for all concerned that he has gone before any more damage is done.

A word about the now proven to be, unprincipled chairman of Watford, who made such a kerfuffle about dishonourable dealing back in the summer. Considering his recent actions which brought the Hairnets to the brink of administration and have resulted in that slum, aka Vicarage Road being mortgaged to the hilt; I propose that he be nominated for Hypocrite of the Year 2009.

I have nothing against most Watford fans. I am sure that they are enjoying their surprising success this season. it would have been unjust to see them pitched into the relegation zone, but being possessed of all the human failings available, I would have enjoyed it, just for the mileage we could have enjoyed in baiting Chris.

All said and done, hopefully we can get things back to normal, with us resuming our accustomed place, well in front of the little neighbours from Hertfordshire.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
entomokolo

Post by entomokolo »

Comforting to see the usual standard of considered response that we have come to expect from the above poster. Merry Christmas to you and everyone else in Lower Cav Chris.
johnH
Site Admin

Brendan Rodgers: The truth about my Royals reign

Post by johnH »

getReading
By Jonny Fordham
December 22, 2009

Lack of communication with chief exec was a problem, says sacked Brendan Rodgers

Brendan Rodgers has said it came as a total surprise to be sacked by Reading after just six months in charge. And he believes the decision to terminate his three-year contract was not prompted by Royals chairman Sir John Madejski. Rodgers also revealed that there was a lack of communication between him and chief executive Nigel Howe, who runs the club on a day-to-day basis. Speaking from his family home on the outskirts of the town, the 36-year-old Northern Irishman gave a frank account of his 195 days in the Madejski Stadium hot-seat.

Rodgers had called for greater communication between him and Howe when he presented his vision for the club at a meeting with the board on November 18 when he also outlined transfer plans for January. But he insists the next he heard from Howe was when he was summoned to the boardroom to find out his fate from Sir John less than a month later.

Rodgers said: "I felt we needed more communication between the chief executive and I. "I never received one call from him and I felt we needed to (be in contact more), so I stipulated that at the meeting. "So when I was asked to the meeting last week I assumed we were going to talk about players and the January transfer window. But I knew (the real reason) as soon as I walked in. "The chairman is an honest and loyal man and I could see it was hurting him. As soon as I walked in I knew on the chairman's face. "I still have a big respect for him, but in my heart I'm not sure the chairman made the decision. "I was obviously very disappointed. There was no problem in communication between me and the chairman while I was there. "It always felt like I was being told to rebuild and given the confidence to do that. "Not once was I told that my job was in jeopardy. So the day I walked into that meeting last week, my first feeling was shock. "The night before we had had the Christmas party for the whole club and everything there was fine."

Rodgers, his assistant Dean Austin and football consultant Frank Lampard senior were all dismissed at the same time last week, but none have had their contracts fully paid off as part of the deal. In the end Rodgers believes he ran out of time to turn around a club that had won just five out of 21 league games since he took charge. The former Chelsea academy and reserve team coach said: "If I'd known I would only be given six months then I would have done things differently, but they didn't really give me a chance. "I never felt pressure in the job, I wanted the club to be successful and the January transfer window was my only opportunity to put things right. It still doesn't rack up. "We had had some bad results, but we were progressing."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... yals_reign
www.getreading.co.uk

Return to “Reading Football Club”