Did he walk..........

have your say about the Royals here ....
driftwood

Did he walk..........

Post by driftwood »

...........or was he pushed?

As per the Bristol match thread, Brendan Rodgers is no longer manager of the Royals/Reading FC

bit more..........

Brendan Rodgers leaves Reading FC
Jonny Fordham
16/12/2009

Reading manager Brendan Rodgers has left the club by mutual consent.

Following a meeting this afternoon, the Chairman, the Board of Reading Football Club and Brendan Rodgers have agreed by mutual consent that Brendan Rodgers will leave his position as First Team Manager with immediate effect.

Assistant manager Dean Austin has also departed the club as has experienced football consultant Frank Lampard senior who came with 26-year-old Rodgers from Watford just over six months ago.

Chief scout Brian McDermott will take care of the first-team for this Saturday's trip to Bristol City and the Reading Post understands that former Peterborough United manager Darren Ferguson is the front-runner for the Mad Stad hot-seat.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... 2#comments

If you think my comments on the Royals are painful to read thru....read thru some of the tear splashed words of wisdom from the above link :zzzing:
old_chris

Re: Did he walk..........

Post by old_chris »

Mutual Consent is football talk for sacked with good pay off - surely?
driftwood

Re: Did he walk..........

Post by driftwood »

chris wrote:Mutual Consent is football talk for sacked with good pay off - surely?
I don't know Chris........Brenda was well p!55ed off Saturday when Tim Dellor interviewed him and asked an 'awkward' question. Given that Sir John has blunted so many scissors recently with his cloth cutting cost cutting measures I can't help but wonder if he wasn't pushed therefore saving a bit more money in the process.
TBH...I couldn't give a flying of the pancake. It's a crying shame that any club who makes it to the Premiership can't consolidate their status there and comes sliding down quicker than a lap dancer collecting a tenner...

I will add one thing.....I've been looking at; http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=31665
It seems that the Watford Fans are absolutely devastated at the news :whistle1:

It seems getreading are constantly updating the article;

Rodgers joined the club from Watford on June 5 on a three-year deal with Royals paying around £500,000 for the services of the former Reading Academy manager.

The Northern Irishman took charge of 23 games in total, winning just six, losing 11 and drawing another six in all competitions and leaves the club sitting just one place above the relegation zone with 21 points.

After the 4-1 defeat to QPR in October fans called for the manager's head, but chairman Sir John Madejski stood by his man whom he labelled as "Reading's Special One" due to his close relationship with then Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho when he worked at Stamford Bridge.

Rodgers himself told the Post that he would "Fight for his life" and he would not resign after his dream job turned into a nightmare and since that game at Loftus Road results and performances did pick up.

Last night he was with the rest of the squad and Reading staff at the club's Christmas party in the Jazz Café at Madejski Stadium

The highlighted orange paragraph speaks volumes, yet some still think the sunshines brightly.....although, granted, it all ain't down to him (imo)

Return to “Reading Football Club”