Reading v Scunthorpe

have your say about the Royals here ....
driftwood

Reading v Scunthorpe

Post by driftwood »

Reading v Scunthorpe Saturday 12th December K.O. 3.00pm MadStad

Make your Christmas by visiting the MadStad this Saturday afternoon. Plenty of seats will be available.

A quote from a Scunthorpe fan following their game with Barnsley................

"It's a long time since I've seen a game with so little shots on goal from either side. Despite this, I thought we were fantastic. Not a bad performance though out. It was especially nice to see our midfield dominate a game as well." unquote

So in the knowledge that they create little scoring chances, Reading may well only let in a few....and following Tuesday night's farce at the MadStad, those of you thinking of going may I suggest;

QVC Shopping Channel on Sky 640.....3.00pm Charlie Bear Collection....could be interesting

and pah-leeeze..........no comments about; It's not who put the 'T' in Typhoo, it's who put the :whistle1: etc., etc., (I dare you!)
old_chris

Re: Reading v Scunthorpe

Post by old_chris »

Time must be running out for Buck...
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

chris wrote:Time must be running out for Buck...
I've almost given up with them........ :roll:
Les

Post by Les »

I bought a Reading FC Caladar for my son in law this morning. I asked the bloke in the Oracle if there was a discount on them. His studied reply was"They ought to be giving them away, along with the team!! (There were some adjectives in there which I refuse to reproduce on here!)
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

Les wrote:I bought a Reading FC Caladar for my son in law this morning.
Les.....can you do me a favour please. Open up the calender, turn to August 2010 and can you tell me what league Reading are in?
Les

Post by Les »

Um, hang on, June, July, are, here wew are, August, um,........ East Reading Sunday Morning league. Would that be right?. Oh, first match, beaten by Park United FC 10 nil. :whistle1:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

hmmmmm......'bin finkin again.

Marvellous how many supporters Reading suddenly got when they were up in the top flight. It was always the same in the Elm Park days whenever they got a plumb tie in the FA Cup (FA's short for 'Football Association', not a tongue in cheek description of the cup, for all the "I'm a fan of the Royals now they're in the Premiership" brigade) I was always on hand on the terraces to help the fans of five seconds through the match by informing them Reading were the team in in Blue and White Hoops and that funny round thing that kept getting five bales of #@$# kicked out of was indeed a football.

For this part of the Forum designated to RFC.....I shall continue to post and live on in the hope that the Royals manage a win on occasions......I think I do know how Delia must have felt, although I'm not filled with Sherry or anything else at the mo......

"A message for the best football supporters in the world: We need a 12th man here. Where are you? Where are you? Let's be having you! Come on!" (To check out Delia in action go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0)

I never knew she lived in Letsby Avenue...................
old_chris

Post by old_chris »

driftwood wrote:I never knew she lived in Letsby Avenue...................
She'd more likely be a Sheff Weds or Sheff Utd fan if she did.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/feb/1 ... wainwright

http://www.multimap.com/s/Qf7X4E5f
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

:-) .........Got some weird and wonderful ones down this way too
Stewart
Super Contributor

Post by Stewart »

I am a Reading Supporter. There I have said it! My personal opinion as things are now? Sack the manager. lovely guy, but let's face it . Useless.

He should have fought to retain/get/ buy/beg better players.

Still, good luck to the lads tomorrow, us usual my fiver will most probably go to enlarging the fortune of a bookie!

Stewart
Stewart
"Money isn't the most important thing in life. But it's up there with oxygen"
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

I hope to goodness they win tomorrow......I'm a great believer in 'the proof of the pudding....etc.,' as as of yet, eating the stuff gives chronic indegestion I'm afraid.
I follow getreading's football section each day and to be honest, there's just as much cr!p reported from RFC's players/staff on there each week as what's churned up at the MadStad for 90 minutes. Each week different players come out and say a load of second hand dog food and it would be a lot better if they were to do their talking on the pitch. Some of the comments are interesting (anyone guess which one I am on there lol).
I'd like to see Brenda do well, or any other manager for that, but.........what he says/what he does.....and what he's done, and where Reading are at the moment (both in league position and ability), I think SJM's cloth cutting leaves a lot to be desired.

Well done to Stuart too for coming out! :lol2: (I think secretly Chris is a Royals fan too :wink:)

I've followed RFC since mid fifties mate......even went to Blyth Spartans for an away match one year! I could tell plenty of tales about RFC from the terraces side of the Elm Park cinder track :redcard:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

15:30........Reading one up
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

16:53

1-1

16:54

Driftwood makes comment about Rodgers and RFC and gets banned from the forum :redcard:

16:54 and an arf..............Driftwood will post something later which is readable about RFC/Rodgers and his merry bunch of.........if they don't win this one :lol2:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

driftwood wrote:
16:54 and an arf..............Driftwood will post something later which is readable about RFC/Rodgers and his merry bunch of.........if they don't win this one :lol2:

Taking all things into consideration regarding todays latest success at the MadStad, I'll finish off todays proceedings by asking the vitally important question........

Did anyone watch QVC's Charlie Bear collection?

Return to “Reading Football Club”