Reading v Crystal Palace

have your say about the Royals here ....
driftwood

Reading v Crystal Palace

Post by driftwood »

Reading v Crystal Palace Tuesday 8th Dec. Kick Off 8.00pm

Tomorrow evening The Royals entertain The Palace at The MadStad, or should that be The Royals entertain The MadStad at the Palace :?

Reading will be on a high after their 2-0 win at Sheffield on Saturday, whilst Palace will be looking to bounce back after a 0-3 'mauling' by lowly Doncaster. Obviously three points for the Royals will come in extremely handy when the final table is looked at at the end of the season........not only that, but a win against the Cr###a#P##### side will mean that absolute charming and most pleasant manager of theirs, the one and only Colin....will go away empty handed....Please.....Please......oh PLEEEEEEEEEEEZE stuff 'em Reading.:please2: :please2: :please2:

So my hearties, the question must be asked................Will Colin be able to shut that big gob of his for a whole 5 seconds for once...AND more importantly, will Connaught be able to get out of the pub in time for the kick-off at 8.00pm

tip for the game..................if you're unlucky, and I MEAN UNLUCKY, enough to sit opposite Colin......take some ear-plugs

COLINImage Our simply gorgeous male model Colin seen here modelling for the Mersey Tunnel......(eventually the Mersey Tunnel was designed on a much smaller mouth)

Come on U RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
driftwood

Re: Reading v Crystal Palace

Post by driftwood »

I shall say this quietly and only the once.......as things stand at the moment,
Reading 1 Crystal Palarces...............3
21.16 of the 8th
jonbryce
Super Contributor

Post by jonbryce »

driftwood wrote:I shall say this quietly and only the once.......as things stand at the moment,
Reading 1 Crystal Palarces...............3
21.16 of the 8th
And after another two goals it is now Reading 2 - 4 Crystal Palace
Connaught

Post by Connaught »

Thanks for your concern, Driftwood. I did indeed make it from the pub to the Mad Stad with time to spare...then soon wished I'd stayed in the pub!
The pre-match bar of choice ended up being The Swan at Three Mile Cross. Very friendly traditional pub. (How often are those words used in the same sentence these days?)
Could have been walking distance to the ground, but not on a drizzly night like tonight.
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

Connaught wrote:Thanks for your concern, Driftwood. I did indeed make it from the pub to the Mad Stad with time to spare...then soon wished I'd stayed in the pub!
If I did't suggest staying in the pub all evening in your other thread Connaught, I certainly thought it.

I'm not sure which hurts the most, Colin walking away with all sddoin three points or Brenda's Bodgers endorsing their application for League 1 status for next season.

I was listening to the match via BBC Radio London, reading comments on Hob Nob and 'partaking' in the evening's festivities via getreading's live match report service with Jonny Fordham......for those who don't know me on here, my back problems cause severe pain and given that I can only stand so much pain, I decided to throw in the towel at 1-3. At 3-1 down, the internet link went down faster than Reading were and with losing that link, hearing what I heard, I'd lost the will to live.

However, not only can we look at the positives from last nights game........ie, we actually scored TWO golas (that's a typo but I quite like that one)........but we only let in FOUR....it could have been worse. If Palace had 5 shots on goal, it would have been FIVE.

Believe it or not, I do have contacts in high places at the MadStad, and I received a late phone call last night with the following transcript.......

SJM hears a knock on his office door at the MadStad
"Can I come in?" asks Brenda
"Come in Brendon" SJM retorts excitedly......"Sit down, Champagne?"
"Fantastic result tonight Brendon" SJM continued...."Ever so pleasing"
"But it was (another) loss" said a sorry looking Brenda
"LOSS?? LOSS....what are you talking about Brendon" SJM looked on with a puzzled look on his face
''We went down 4-2.....to bloody Warnock's side too" replied the sorry looking Rodgers

"Did we?.....Oh that....No dear chap, the gate money receipts were up, the sale of pies were up, programme sales were up...Fantastic Result"...........................

:cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

Return to “Reading Football Club”