Reading v Leicester

have your say about the Royals here ....
driftwood

Reading v Leicester

Post by driftwood »

Anyone remember a team called the 'Royals' aka Reading FC who not so long ago was playing the likes of Man U, Spurs, Chelse etc.,?
For the benefit of Nemesis and anyone else who has been away from the area for a while, RFC got fed up with playing in the top league, figuring that they would be far better off in a lower division as one of the Championship's stronger sides.

Such logic as of 24th October has proved correct as the strength of RFC's squad is holding up at the moment, 20 of the Championship's finest.

Over the past few weeks, much has been spouted by manager Brendan Rodgers and each day a player has joined in with some classic excuses....sorry, having their accounts of how well they're doing this season put into print.

The following appeared in 'getreading' recently, which hopefully will do the trick for Leicester's vist to the MadStad on Monday evening. One hopes their players will be still weak at the knees through laughing more jollier than the Jolly Laughing Policeman, and hopefully for the sake of all those who attend the match, the Leicester City Fans will have changed their trousers......I know I had to put a dry pair on..............

Are we sitting comfortably?....................

Bertrand: We're bigger and better than Leicester City
By Jonny Fordham
October 23, 2009

Ryan Bertrand has lit the touchpaper ahead of Monday night's clash against Leicester City by insisting Reading are a bigger club and better club.

Although Royals have not won a Championship game in nine months at Madejski Stadium, the 19-year-old left back insists that they should still be regarded as favourites to turn over eighth-placed Leicester (live on Sky Sports 1, 8pm kick-off).

He said: "Leicester is a big club if you go back through the history books.

"But at this moment in time the league positions are irrelevant. Reading is a better football club than Leicester.

"They say the table never lies, and I guess it doesn't, but that just shows they're on a better run than us at the moment.

"The fact is we're a better football club than Leicester and we should go out there as favourites."

Nigel Pearson's side travel to Berkshire on the back of a 2-0 home win over Crystal Palace, whereas Royals have lost their last three games.

And Bertrand, who is expected to return to Royals' starting line-up after missing Tuesday's 4-1 defeat at QPR with concussion, conceded: "Leicester will be full of confidence. They've just come into the league and are doing well and we can't underestimate them.

"But I think it's a game that we will go out and win."

Bertrand, who is on loan from Chelsea, is desperate to get a victory that would lift Royals away from the relegation zone and ease the pressure on under-fire manager Brendan Rodgers.

He said: "It's important that we defend well, but the emphasis will be on attacking Leicester and getting the three points.

"If we can eradicate the mistakes and the whole team chips in with a goal here and there, then we should be fine and hopefully the crowd will get behind us as well."

Until three days ago Bertrand was the only Reading outfield player to have played in every league game this season.

He added: "I was gutted about (getting concussed at West Brom on Saturday), but the main thing is that I'm back now.

"Hopefully if I continue what I've been doing in training then I should get back into the team, I'm feeling much better now."

For anyone else suffering from mild to severe depression (or allegedly recovered from concussion) at the moment, please do not look at the Championship league table now or after 5.00pm tonight, nor the goal difference that Reading are drumming up either.

The following link will illusidate the views of Rrendon's Bodgers and indeed the poor diluded man himself...........
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/

I would have given the link to the LFC fans' forum to show the fans' responce, but as some of the comments on there are a tad on the 'common' side.............. :wink:
BBB

Re: Reading v Leicester

Post by BBB »

I'm a true blue loyal Royal. I'm going to tonight's home game with a heavy heart. The season before last we beat Liverpool in the Premier league. The season before that we ended up the season in 8th in the Premier league. Last season we only had to beat Birmingham at home on the last game of the season to win promotion back to the Premier league. This season we are League 1 relegation fodder. Too depressed to go on further.
james obrien
Super Contributor

Post by james obrien »

The name Brendan does not do to good at the Mad stad. London Irish had a manager called Brendan Gould, we nearly went down to the nationals under his control. Luckily Bristol Shoguns lost their last game that season and went down instead.

Get rid of Brendan Rogers quick.
old_chris

Post by old_chris »

As a Watford fan, I can only thank RFC for removing Buck from our employment, and Jobi McDuff (sic) too.

I'm really enjoying this season (considering we were expected to be relegation fodder), and the match live on Sky on Friday night was wonderful to watch. I believe the term to use to describe some of the football is 'outstanding'.

:raspb1:
entomokolo

Post by entomokolo »

chris wrote:As a Watford fan, I can only thank RFC for removing Buck from our employment, and Jobi McDuff (sic) too.

I'm really enjoying this season (considering we were expected to be relegation fodder).

:raspb1:

Not half as much as I am. WBA 5 Hairnets 0
Coventry 1 Urrrzzzzz 3
:whistle1:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

..you mean Watford LOST 5-0?????????????????
I must have misheard TV this afternoon, although despite being in Cornwall, I did hear a lot of sobbing from an easterly direction.

windrush
Super Contributor

Post by windrush »

I heard that Watford were lucky to get NIL! :whistle1:

Pete.
˙˙˙ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Return to “Reading Football Club”