Wanted

have your say about the Royals here ....
driftwood

Wanted

Post by driftwood »

Wanted..........

Enthusiastic, agatile and reasonably healthy male.

Must own a pair of football boots and be prepared to play centre forward.
Must be prepared to travel and work evenings and weekends.
Ability to work in a team enviroment an advantage.
Previous experience preffered but not essential.
Suit either school leaver or unemployed pensioner.
Immediate start preffered (as we cannot rely on the oposition scoring our goals for us).

Telephone in the first instance for application form on 01189 681100, or just bring your boots this Saturday.

Wages negotiable but under strict forum obsenity rules, cannot be stated here.
entomokolo

Re: Wanted

Post by entomokolo »

Are medicals at Portsmouth included in the deal?
old_chris

Post by old_chris »

As a Watford fan, I can only laugh. I feel sorry for Reading fans being lumped with Judas...
entomokolo

Post by entomokolo »

You were not so sorry when he saved you from certain relegation last year. Reading have the capacity and strength to escape from their lousy start to the season. Things are grim now, but will improve. Watford are skint and without the sale of Tommy Smith, (whom BTW "is going nowhere"), are flirting with administration. I normally reserve schadenfreude for those carrot crunchers at Junction 16, but I won't be sorry when May comes and we see the Hairnets down in League 1.
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

chris wrote:As a Watford fan, I can only laugh. I feel sorry for Reading fans being lumped with Judas...

hmmmmmm...wonder what the other Watford fan thinks :lol2:
Les

Post by Les »

As an ancient pensioner who can't play footy for toffee, would I qualify?
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

Les wrote:As an ancient pensioner who can't play footy for toffee, would I qualify?
Don't admit to that Les.........they'll be knocking on your door by kick-off Saturday!
savagethegoat

Post by savagethegoat »

driftwood wrote:
chris wrote:As a Watford fan, I can only laugh. I feel sorry for Reading fans being lumped with Judas...

hmmmmmm...wonder what the other Watford fan thinks :lol2:
Sir Elton you mean? the Queen of Rock n Roll?
savagethegoat

Post by savagethegoat »

I hear they have signed a centipede to play...but he can only play the second half...

first half he'll be putting on his boots...

getting my coat again...
old_chris

Post by old_chris »

entomokolo wrote:Tommy Smith, (whom BTW "is going nowhere")
Looks like he's gone to Pompey... :raspb1:
entomokolo

Post by entomokolo »

You are the one who said Smith was going nowhere Chris...
http://www.reading-forum.co.uk/forum/vi ... =35&t=4522 :roflol3:

Do try to keep up.

Just signed Jobi Hadenuff from the Hairnets and some Polish bloke, (Hairnets loanee last season and a 'nailed on signing' for them this year :whistle1: ).
More to come from Watford I believe.

LOL @ Watord, Reading's feeder club. Will they have anyone left after 2nd September?

I should start planning trips to Exeter and Carlisle Chris.

Oh but wait a minute...you don't actually go to games do you?
old_chris

Post by old_chris »

And if these players narrowly avoided relegation last year - what hope do Reading have? You appear to be speaking from a position of power, when Reading are floundering in the league and picking up scraps from similar clubs. I suggest dismounting the high horse and taking a long hard look at how Reading are 12 months behind Watford and meeting all the same obstacles we did.

Watford fans and board are 100% behind their manager and team, and the reverse is true too - I don't quite detect the same togetherness at Reading.

I will certainly be attending games this season - starting with 26th September (if I get back from business in the Channel Islands in time...)

Shame about Smith, couldn't happen to a nicer manager.
entomokolo

Post by entomokolo »

No one is on a high horse Chris, except possibly you. This is after all, the Reading FC area of the board. Banter and intelligent discussion are welcome, but as with all such facilities, it is always wise for an outsider to make sure that he or she knows what they are talking about before joining in. Pontifictating about Smith "going nowhere" was always bound to repeat on you.

From another angle, imagine if you can, just how a similar post to your jibe ref BR would have been received on the dedicated local football club section of a Watford site. The poster would have been told impolitely to go forth and multiply, (just pop over to the Watford Observer and see if I am not correct). Here, we are much more civilised, allegedly. :whistle1:

Reading are not 12 months behind Watford because they are a stable and well run outfit. They have far more strength in depth than Watford, but due to the style of BR, need one or two of the very few Watford players who could make the grade at this level. It is a pity about Smith, but no one can blame him for choosing a Prem side...or for leaving a sinking ship.

At times, our transfer policy is hugely frustrating. However, there is no cash crisis at Reading and I am certain that all those bitter and twisted Hairnets who still cannot move on from the Rodgers episode; would give their right testicles to support a club in our position. Comparing Reading to Watford is like comparing a Mercedes to a Milk Float, so if you are passing, I will have a pint of gold top please. Driftwood will lend you stripy apron.

Make the most of your trips to Vicarage Road, it may be a supermarket this time next year. Have a nice weekend. :wink:
driftwood

Post by driftwood »

....lots of tall legged horses about lol

Return to “Reading Football Club”