Radio 210 Weekly Podcast

share your memories from Reading's past
bwd1974
Contributor

Radio 210 Weekly Podcast

Post by bwd1974 »

Radio 210 is back - well, in a small way at least!

I have launched a weekly one-hour podcast, with music from the 60s, 70s and 80s (mainly aiming for those you don't hear on other stations 5 times a day!), along with the Radio Jingles from the 1980s - if you remember, "The Sounds Of Your Life". There's a brainteaser with "Spot The Intro", and an advert from the 210 archives too - in the first 3 weeks, we've had adverts for Nordsee Fish Restaurant, Holmes Furnishers and Living Department Store. I will also include small snippets from the 210 archives where appropriate, including audio from the Queen's visit to Radio 210 in 1977, and a tribute to Steve Beddow, who we lost recently.

Although presented by me, Graham Ledger is also featured, with "Ledge's Legends" - 3 hits in a row, selected by and introduced by Graham. In addition, we're looking for community fundraising events to promote on the returned Radio 210 Careline. Also hopefully at least 1 or 2 more Radio 210 voices of the 1980s to follow.

A new episode is added each Monday night, and the current episode is here:-

The website radio210.co.uk will be updated to include the link too, and also updated on the Radio 210 Twitter account @radio2102

Please feel free to e-mail me via [email protected] , if you have any events to promote, or feedback or queries, or if you have any Radio 210 recordings, photos, memorabilia, or anything then can be added to, or copied for, the ever-growing archive.

Thankyou,

Barry

Return to “Memories of old Reading”