The March 2022 Forum Problems Technical Post

General chat forum
spectrum64
Super Contributor

Re: The March 2022 Forum Problems Technical Post

Post by spectrum64 »

Sorry about the last message - it got me to log in again and then posted something different!

I wanted to say that the problem with Apple I have found is that an ipad and an imac connected and synced perfectly until one updated its software and they would no longer talk to each other. After a bit of googling this seems to be an insuperable problem and has made the ipad very limited in what it now does.
mikejee
Super Contributor

Post by mikejee »

Probably to persuade you to pay out even more on new hardware
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

spectrum64 wrote: 09 Mar 2022 17:39 Sorry about the last message - it got me to log in again and then posted something different!

I wanted to say that the problem with Apple I have found is that an ipad and an imac connected and synced perfectly until one updated its software and they would no longer talk to each other. After a bit of googling this seems to be an insuperable problem and has made the ipad very limited in what it now does.
I can delete your other message if you want?

My iPad, iPhone and Windows PC ‘talk’ to each other for emails without problem…. I don’t have a Mac, though was tempted at one time. But there’s some doubt been expressed as to whether my Word Document Folder could be transferred to a Mac, and I need to refer to that regularly…..
There's no such thing as a free lunch
Hooped
Super Contributor

Post by Hooped »

I am having to log in most days on my tablet, but not on my laptop.
Hooped
Super Contributor

Post by Hooped »

I am now having to log on several times a day - even if I leave a session open and return to it later, I have to log on again.
digitaltoast
Contributor

Post by digitaltoast »

Anyone else having this?

PLEASE NOTE: I do not have editorial control over the content or direction of the forum, and do not speak for, on behalf of, or represent the views of the forum owners or moderators unless in a purely technical capacity.
Editorial or moderation queries? Please PM johnH
windrush
Super Contributor

Post by windrush »

digitaltoast wrote: 16 May 2022 22:30 Anyone else having this?
All good here Digi.

Pete.
˙˙˙ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

No problems here either.
There's no such thing as a free lunch
MickEdge
Super Contributor

Post by MickEdge »

Ok for me.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Hooped wrote: 16 May 2022 22:14 I am now having to log on several times a day - even if I leave a session open and return to it later, I have to log on again.
No problem here - have you got the 'remember me' tagged as mine did switch itself off once before
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Bam
Super Contributor

Post by Bam »

No problems here today. It remembered me.
Voiceoftreason?
Super Contributor

Post by Voiceoftreason? »

Seemed fine this morning, thank you.
Disclaimer: it wasn't me as wot said it, it was my iPad spellchecker!
Fed-up
Super Contributor

Post by Fed-up »

Working fine for me here. The "Remember Me" option is turned off by default, so worth double checking.
"Every place that I have been leaves its message on my skin. So many prophecies, so many signs, so little time, so little time" - Alan Prosser/Ian Telfer
maggieaitch
Super Contributor

Post by maggieaitch »

OK for me.
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

And me
“Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
BY Paulo Coelho
Hooped
Super Contributor

Post by Hooped »

OLDMAN wrote: 17 May 2022 07:25
Hooped wrote: 16 May 2022 22:14 I am now having to log on several times a day - even if I leave a session open and return to it later, I have to log on again.
No problem here - have you got the 'remember me' tagged as mine did switch itself off once before
Yes, I keep ticking that box. Today, though, I seem to be staying connected. Fingers crossed...
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

There was big BT server outage last Friday morning, it was very odd as only effected certain things
I could get on some web-sites (forum was oaky) but not others, an couldn’t get the CAD license to work - we got our IT support on it and they spent over an hour trying, only to then be told about the BT problem
So it was then case of waiting for that, then sort everything else effected by it - we even lost our WiFi at work

In it all some I lost some ‘bits’ / ‘links’ etc - the forum although working suddenly wanted me to log on again, and had to tick the remember me ‘box’, it was the same with a few other web-sites, plus lost a few cookies which are slowly coming back on

Also meant couldn’t do any real work for about 3hrs as had to stay by the workcation to answer questions whilst the guy was trying to remote fix it! All very annoying as had a lot on
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Bam
Super Contributor

Post by Bam »

HOOPED. If you clear the cache from your browser it will clear your automatic log in from this forum, unless you instruct it not to. Some devices are set to automatically clear the cache at every close down.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Bam wrote: 18 May 2022 06:48 HOOPED. If you clear the cache from your browser it will clear your automatic log in from this forum, unless you instruct it not to. Some devices are set to automatically clear the cache at every close down.
Good point, I'd forgotten about auto-clear as mines always switched 'off'
Oldman........

I hug everybody –

Return to “Chatty Person”