Your Local Weather - have your say

General chat forum
lizwing
Super Contributor

Re: Your Local Weather - have your say

Post by lizwing »

I had to be up stupidly early because the decorator is here again, it’s 3° !!
Last edited by lizwing on 25 Jan 2022 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
“Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
BY Paulo Coelho
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

If it's any consolation (probably not) it was 1 degree above freezing when I posted.
Whilst I am a moderator, I am NOT posting in that capacity unless I explicitly say so
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

I was still under the duvet Poo !
BY Paulo Coelho
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

lizwing wrote: 16 Apr 2021 10:21I was still under the duvet Poo !
Smart move!
Whilst I am a moderator, I am NOT posting in that capacity unless I explicitly say so
Avis
Super Contributor

Post by Avis »

It's on its way! 6,30 screenshot shows what is coming our eay later today - and an advamce party of showers especially for Lizwing's garden works!
20210503_064459.jpg
Attachments
20210503_064412.jpg
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

Certainly a horrid, blustery and wet evening!
There's no such thing as a free lunch
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

Oh yes Avis we had all that, torrential rain and strong winds, fortunately Dan the Man was here early and got a lot done before the rain started. He’s dismantled all the decking and found my knife and fork and a photographic scale, like a ruler but I don’t know what it’s for.
BY Paulo Coelho
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

Crikey, it's foggy out there!
Bam
Super Contributor

Post by Bam »

Sea mist Pooneil !!

Good morning, dry here after a light shower in the night. Clear but cloudy and the outlook is a wet one for the rest of the week.(in the IOM).
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

Bam wrote: 03 Aug 2021 07:34Sea mist Pooneil !!
In Reading? Only if the whole of Hampshire is under the English Channel! (which it palpably isn't, as I've driven all the way to Basingstoke without getting my feet wet :-) )
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Have to agree, quite foggy this morning, thick enough to warrant fog lights at times - but then oddly clear once at Basingstoke
Most annoying where the cars with no lights on, or those with running lights on the front but not the rear!

It was foggy yesterday but not as thick

Weekend weather was odd as well – I was driving about a few times and it was no rain / dry roads one moment, then rain / puddles / some floods the next, all within a mile or so of each other?
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

Yes, patchy and heavy rain over the weekend. And a couple of idiots this morning driving with no lights at all when the fog was quite thick.
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

Supposedly only 3C this morning, but it felt a little warmer, and no frost to scrape, and a nice dry clear run in to the 'Stoke.
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

Someone on our local Nextdoor forum posted a photo from exactly twelve months ago, thick snow! I’d forgotten that.
BY Paulo Coelho
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

lizwing wrote: 25 Jan 2022 09:46 Someone on our local Nextdoor forum posted a photo from exactly twelve months ago, thick snow! I’d forgotten that.
There’s time yet!
For years I would go the International Art Trade Fair at the NEC, always (then) held during the first week of February. My manager and I would go later in the week by train - and just about every year, it would start snowing as we went to catch the train home!
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

lizwing wrote: 25 Jan 2022 09:46 Someone on our local Nextdoor forum posted a photo from exactly twelve months ago, thick snow! I’d forgotten that.
In Reading too. This from just by my front-door:

142007750_5353718141312744_8181136332412523672_n.jpg
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

It looks so lovely though. As long as you’re inside looking out!
BY Paulo Coelho
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

lizwing wrote: 25 Jan 2022 17:10 It looks so lovely though. As long as you’re inside looking out!
I agree. Although I was definitely outside to take that shot.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Jan 25th 2021 – St Peters church and my road
IMG_20210124_100837.jpg
IMG_20210124_095552.jpg
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

2.5 degrees and a light frost on the car this morning - brrrrr!
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Same for me!
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Just realised, at the weekend I was talking with my neighbours about that snow from last year who mentioned it as we had cleared the paths back then – and the fact I was still wearing shorts that day!
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

Filthy weather out, with the threat of snow/sleet this afternoon. Although given how wet and relatively warm (7C when I left the house this morning, well before sunrise) I hope that it won't lay.
lizwing
Super Contributor

Post by lizwing »

We had the heaviest hail I’ve ever seen this morning just as I’d put a line of washing out! I thought at first it was snowing, now it’s beautiful sunshine !
BY Paulo Coelho
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

Well it’s still a glorious blue sky day here - but in Woodley this morning it was blowing like mad and pouting with rain - about 1.5 miles away :?
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

Mild (7C at 6am) with consistent rather than heavy rain, but lots of standing water on the roads. Probably a day for staying in, if possible.
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday morning 0C and a frosty windscreen. This morning, perhaps 10 minutes earlier departing, but a positively balmy 9C!
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

9C/nudging 10C - despite the breeze. Spring is definitely earlier this year I think.
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

7C at 6am this morning so no windscreen scraping. It was raining at Sherfield-on-Loddon, though.
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

Yes that was odd - all dry until almost at SoL then road was wet, and with some large puddles about At outskirts of Basingstoke it was dry and like that rest of way in
But didn’t see the actual rain even though vehicles coming the other way where wet – I had noted flecks of water coming of trucks etc approaching SoL and wondered what was going on!
Oldman........

I hug everybody –
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

Yes, it was dry again by Chineham.

Return to “Chatty Person”