Looking to let a small Workshop unit

If you own/run a business here in Reading, add a post to advertise your wares or services and get feedback from the locals (good or bad) ....
djyoy
Contributor

Looking to let a small Workshop unit

Post by djyoy »

Hi,

I'm looking to rent a small workshop unit in the Reading or surrounding areas. Use will be for wood working - as this is not my main activity it has to be economically reasonable as well as offering out of hours/weekend availability.

Some small barn etc on a farm plot would also work.

Can anyone recommend/know of anyone?

Thanks Reading!!
piwacket

Re: Looking to let a small Workshop unit

Post by piwacket »

I noticed today there are small units to let on Woodley Prk Estate, Reading Road, Woodley.

You could also try the very small set of workshop units in Mount Pleasant, Silver Street.
There's no such thing as a free lunch
dave m
Super Contributor

Re: Looking to let a small Workshop unit

Post by dave m »

I looked around for a colleague a few months ago, after they expressed a need for similar, it was frustrating.
The high value of development land means that there are few workshops still in existence in Reading. Any that don't generate high rent get redeveloped.
John Wyeth was a bike breaker working from a terraced workshop that was a basket maker at one time. When he retired, the workshop was bought for development. I noticed that the old Wokingham Rd Motors which is best described as a back street garage has closed. Almost certain that will never reopen as a workshop again. All the workshops near the old Eldon pub went to housing.

I think you're pretty certain to have to look at farm based units but then you're competing against people like the guy that does my car. He has a workshop on what I assume is a farm. It's the middle of nowhere, maybe 12 units in Hurst facing each other as common with lock up units.

Return to “Advertise your local, Reading Business”