"Hundreds object to Tilehurst housing estate plan"

Pooneil

"Hundreds object to Tilehurst housing estate plan"

Post by Pooneil »

"More than 1,600 objections have been lodged against plans for new homes in a Reading suburb. Developer U+I wants to build 265 homes and a GP surgery off Pincents Lane, Tilehurst. The plans include a nine-hectare (22-acre) park and a "woodland buffer" between the town and the new estate. West Berkshire Council has received more than 1,620 objections and 235 letters of support. A decision is due in the spring... In 2009, plans for 750 homes, a hotel and shops on the site were rejected."

Full story on BBC News website.
Whilst I am a moderator, I am NOT posting in that capacity unless I explicitly say so
eddieed
Super Contributor

Re: "Hundreds object to Tilehurst housing estate plan"

Post by eddieed »

I wonder if they had any letters of support from houses in Emmer Green, Ascott, Maidenhead etc...!
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

What annoys me is if its RBC that need all these new homes then why are they ’over the border’ in WeBC as that messes with planning / infrastructure etc
Likewise if its WeBC that need the new housing then why not near to Newbury or over towards that direction rather than effectively right next to Reading?
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Pooneil

Post by Pooneil »

OLDMAN wrote: 24 Feb 2021 12:47 What annoys me is if its RBC that need all these new homes then why are they ’over the border’ in WeBC as that messes with planning / infrastructure etc
Likewise if its WeBC that need the new housing then why not near to Newbury or over towards that direction rather than effectively right next to Reading?
Both councils need more housing. RBC can't build in another council's area, so your first question is moot.
The answer to your second question may well be it's cheaper/easier for WeBerkCo in terms of providing infrastructure!
Whilst I am a moderator, I am NOT posting in that capacity unless I explicitly say so
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

My ‘moot’ point was more in response to the comments made in the link and on Facebook about supporting this / needing more homes in Tilehurst and saying ‘Reading’ needs to build more – which sort of shows they have no idea who could it comes under
And the mention of putting £1million towards ‘infrastructure’ is a joke, it cost far more than that just to rebuild the junction for Ikea so it would go far
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!

Return to “Property developments in Reading”