Redevelopment of St Martin's Precinct, Caversham?

C.A.Versham
Super Contributor

Re: Redevelopment of St Martin's Precinct, Caversham?

Post by C.A.Versham »

Had a look in the large hole today and an old wall has been partially exposed which I assume was part of the house that used to stand on the site. I think it became a school before being demolished.
Sometimes right, sometimes wrong, always certain.
Mayfield

Post by Mayfield »

:offtopic1: I heard to day that there are 'plans' though I have no idea how far developed, to build & to extend property above Ashley Blooms and neighbours, to provide several flats.
eddieed
Super Contributor

Post by eddieed »

It seems that the approval of conditions has been submitted for phase 1A. This is the development of the additional unit that was meant to be Pizza Express and now isn't on the small parking area between the end of the existing shops and the telephone exchange with 4 stories of flats above. It seems that this development will continue to tick along for some time!
ReadingBiker
Super Contributor

Post by ReadingBiker »

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/prope ... 6-17642671

Plans which could have seen new homes and a cinema built in Caversham have been pulled by developers.

Hermes' application was for a five story mixed-use building in St Martins Precinct in Church Street
chris_j_wood
Super Contributor

Post by chris_j_wood »

ReadingBiker wrote: 07 Feb 2020 10:32 Plans which could have seen new homes and a cinema built in Caversham have been pulled by developers.
Must confess, I thought that had died many moons ago, and was a bit surprised when I heard that it was still around to be pulled.
cnb
Super Contributor

Post by cnb »

chris_j_wood wrote: 07 Feb 2020 10:45 thought that had died many moons ago, and was a bit surprised when I heard that it was still around to be pulled.
I suspect this may just be someone tidying up loose ends in the paperwork rather than a recent decision. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they submit a new application just for the part fronting Church Street, but I don't expect the cinema to re-appear.
ReadingBiker
Super Contributor

Post by ReadingBiker »

cnb wrote: 07 Feb 2020 10:57
chris_j_wood wrote: 07 Feb 2020 10:45 thought that had died many moons ago, and was a bit surprised when I heard that it was still around to be pulled.
I suspect this may just be someone tidying up loose ends in the paperwork rather than a recent decision. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they submit a new application just for the part fronting Church Street, but I don't expect the cinema to re-appear.
I would think the target audience for that style of cinema would be cannibalised by the new one opening soon in the BroadStMall

Return to “Property developments in Reading”