Old Friends!

General chat forum
Whitleywhif
Contributor

Old Friends!

Post by Whitleywhif »

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows or knew any girls who went to Southland Girls School in Reading, between 1977 - 1983??

I was there during these years and would love to find ANYONE from my class!!

The names that really stand out in my memory from my class, are Maxine Bennett, Lisa Balfour, Michelle Chiggi, Nadine Beech, Parveen Akhtar. Prior to Southlands I went to Whitley Park.

Would absolutely LOVE to find these people!

Thanks!
Whitleywhif
piwacket

Re: Old Friends!

Post by piwacket »

Hello and welcome :)

You could have put Southlands into the Search box - above right. It comes up with many mentions Here:
search.php?keywords=Southlands

Hope it helps.
There's no such thing as a free lunch
Whitleywhif
Contributor

Post by Whitleywhif »

Hi piwacket,

That is the first thing i did when I registered on this forum!! I literally scoured the board and my heart skipped a beat when the name Southlands came up!! Unfortunately, all the posts are relating to either before my time or after my time. Nothing during the years of 1977-1983.

I would absolutely love to find my classmates/friends though :(

But thank you for your input :)
piwacket

Post by piwacket »

Whitleywhif wrote: 27 Aug 2019 17:50 Hi piwacket,

That is the first thing i did when I registered on this forum!! I literally scoured the board and my heart skipped a beat when the name Southlands came up!! Unfortunately, all the posts are relating to either before my time or after my time. Nothing during the years of 1977-1983.

I would absolutely love to find my classmates/friends though :(

But thank you for your input :)
Oh right, well that’s a pity. Does the school not have any ex-pupils associations?

I’m not on Facebook, but maybe there’s some group on there?
There's no such thing as a free lunch
OLDMAN

Post by OLDMAN »

You’re in luck – a friend is one of the admin on this - https://www.facebook.com/groups/344986232507887/

It’s a private group that you will need to join

And welcome to the forum
Oldman........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me........................

I hug everybody –
It’s not affection, I’m just measuring up how big a hole I need to dig for the body!
Whitleywhif
Contributor

Post by Whitleywhif »

OLDMAN - OMG!! Thank you so much for this, I just sent them a request to join on FB! I hope they accept me, I am really dying to meet up with some of my old class mates.
Whitley Wood Lady
Contributor

Post by Whitley Wood Lady »

Hi Whitleywhif and welcome here

I have been searching for school friends from Southlands too ..sorry not from the yrs you have stated.. I hope you have good luck in finding some of them..Alas for me i have had no luck so far as i lost track many years ago when i moved from the area...O am sure the f/b site will be of good use ..
Whitleywhif
Contributor

Post by Whitleywhif »

I sent the FB group a request but I am still waiting!! It was back in August.

OLDMAN - I don't know if you could give your friend the headsup that I am looking to join the group please?

Whitley Wood Lady - I've lost touch too that's why I am now trying to locate at least a few of my old friends. I know some of them probably still live in Reading. I hope you find yours too :)

Return to “Chatty Person”